• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2018/19

With time aplenty to poke at the computer recovering from a nasty bout of flu, I've plumbed the depths today of the UEFA website.

You'd think having Barcelona in a Champions League group would be exciting. It has been for us, but Barca have another team in another Champions League competition - Futsal.

I think I'd lose my mind if I were asked to write photo captions or edit copy for this Futsal Champions League group:

Group B (15–18 November): TTG-Ugra Yugorsk (RUS), Barça (ESP, hosts), Ekonomac Kragujevac (SRB), Record Bielsko-Biała (POL)

Intrigued, I plunged in to find out who glamorous Barca were playing in this eyechart of a group. Any parallels to our CL group?

Yugorsk is halfway across the massive expanse of Russia. But their club badge features some sort of rooster-like bird and a bear:

Yugorsk_coat_of_arms.png

The possibilities of that one boggle the mind.

What sort of nicknames would supporters create for these clubs? 'Come you Book Keepers!' for Ekonomac Kragujevac?

What would you call a Polish club called Record? The Setters?

Also took a browse through the Youth League our Spurs tadgers are playing in. Same opponents as the big club. Doing well. Second place so far with one win and three draws. Play Inter's boys before the next CL game at the Enfield training ground. If I was in that neck of the woods, I'd get a ticket and chuck out a few rowdy 'vaffanculo's at the Oi-toies.

Last edited:
Fellaini with a 90th minute winner to secure their place in the next round. I'm guessing it was a thing of beauty.

BT will be in heaven now. Liverpool needing to win at Anfield in the final group game. "All set up for another magical night at Anfield" We all know they will win by 2 goals with Salad getting the vital goal in the closing stages to spark the w@nkathon

BT will be in heaven now. Liverpool needing to win at Anfield in the final group game. "All set up for another magical night at Anfield" We all know they will win by 2 goals with Salad getting the vital goal in the closing stages to spark the w@nkathon
Napoli are really no mugs

Napoli are really no mugs

BBC:
Champions League rules state that if teams are tied on points in the group stage, they are separated by the head-to-head record between sides.

Napoli beat Liverpool 1-0 at home in the reverse game.

If PSG beat Red Star in their final game, they will progress, meaning Liverpool need the following against Napoli:

• A 1-0 win will take them through on goals scored in the group stage
  • A win by two or more goals will take them through, courtesy of a better head-to-head record.
  • However, a 2-1 or 3-2 win will see them GO OUT, as Napoli will have scored an away goal or goals, so will progress on the head-to-head record.

Id love it!

I think the most interesting thing from last nights game was - why do PSG have the Air Jordan sign on their shirt instead of the Nike tick?

Back