• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

Its the perception. He looked dangerous, but did very little in reality. They were clearly fearful of him when he got the ball, and rightly so, but on the day I dont think he was producing the goods.

Like his team he flattered to deceive.

The first half commentary was all about how they had less possession but were more dangerous with it - looked to me like madrid just contained them and waited for their energy to drop.

Funny how we all see it differently.

Last edited:
I didn’t feel at any stage that Real were in trouble, it was similar to how we played in the 2nd half v Utd in the semi, absolutely no threat and didn’t look like creating anything, when Salah was on the pitch or not. Players get injured, it was the sort of challenge you see all the time, honestly Ramos is being made out to be some master villain.

I just can’t see how anyone could have watched that final and thought Liverpool should have won, the English bias beggars belief sometimes. Madrid were in complete control.

I didn't think Real were much kop to be honest. Did you think they looked impressive!? Pool dominated them completely for the first 30. There were real openings, pool were moving the ball far better and looked by far the better side. Of course players get injured, but when its a deliberate attempt to take out the star player, and its the seminal moment in the the CL final, then you can see why so much is made of it.

I was gobsmacked when i read it as well Madrid were the better team for MOST of the game, ok they got lucky with two goals but to say L'pool were unlucky makes no sense to me.

You was gobsmacked!

Bold bit makes no sense to me either. Madrid were lucky to score 2 of their goals you say, but pool were not unlucky?

The winning goal was the definition of a 'worldy' goal. Are you sure pool were not a little unlucky?

Real haven’t been in control of any game this season past, they have be dreadful by thier high standards.

As @Gazza Dazzla points out they had enough quality like United to grind out wins. But like United they are not a great team. If I was Perez I would be decisive and sack Zidane. With some luck and good defending you can win cups. Real didn't look Galactico like against us or against pool. I would be 'gobsmacked' if other posters thought Real were as svelte on Saturday as the great Galactico teams of yesteryear.

They looked pretty comfortable to me on Saturday. Liverpool started with a lot of energy but did nothing with it. Real grew as the game went on which was always likely.

With the PLs top scorer on the pitch, and without giving away two free goals, I'd suggest RM would have looked a lot less comfortable.

Last edited:
With the PL top scorer on the pitch, and without giving away two free goals, I'd suggest RM would have looked a lot less comfortable!

There may be some truth in the argument that Liverpool could have won the game if they were less brick but that argument could equally be applied to most losing teams.

Last edited:
There may be some truth in the argument that Liverpool could have won the game if they were less brick but that argument could equally be applied to most losing teams.

Were pool unlucky? That was the hoo-har.

2 keeper mistakes. Winning goal the epitome of a "worldy". Salah taken out the game by a cynical challenge.

The evidence suggests they may have been a little unlucky?

Were pool unlucky? That was the ho-har.

2 keeper mistakes. Winning goal the epitome of a "worldy". Salah taken out the game by a cynical challenge.

The evidence suggests they may have been a little unlucky?

Loads of games are won by mistakes. It is what happens in low scoring sports like football. This was made worse for Liverpool by them not creating anything.

Loads of games are won by mistakes. It is what happens in low scoring sports like football. This was made worse for Liverpool by them not creating anything.
Mistakes are often capitalised on but usually still leave the scorer with a little to do to score. Those mistakes by Karius were literally like a player throwing the ball into his own net. They were not down to pressure or the dominance of Madrid. Mistakes like those on top of losing your star player are likely to break a team's spirit. So yes in that respect Madrid were lucky, bales goal aside rather than brilliant.

Unlike when we beat Madrid where we were superb.

Last edited:
so, was Bale's goal better than Zidane's ? Both amazing pieces of technique, loved seeing Zizou's reaction to the strike

I would actually say Zidane's. The control with his left foot. Overhead kicks always get the attention but there has to be an element of luck in that Bale one going in the top corner. Not saying Bale's wasn't amazing but if I had to choose, I'd go with Zidane.

Oh and now this has popped up, showing how Modric (the little maestro’s knack for always being in the right place for the knockdown every time Liverpool tried going direct is 2nd to none!) and co lead the Dippers a merry dance in the buildup to the winning goal :cool:

Fascinating.. Would love to see more from this viewpoint during regular telecasts.

Mistakes are often capitalised on but usually still leave the scorer with a little to do to score. Those mistakes by Karius were literally like a player throwing the ball into his own net. They were not down to pressure or the dominance of Madrid. Mistakes like those on top of losing your star player are likely to break a team's spirit. So yes in that respect Madrid were lucky, bales goal aside rather than brilliant.

Unlike when we beat Madrid where we were superb.

I think that you are stretching a bit.

I didn't think Real were much kop to be honest. Did you think they looked impressive!? Pool dominated them completely for the first 30. There were real openings, pool were moving the ball far better and looked by far the better side. Of course players get injured, but when its a deliberate attempt to take out the star player, and its the seminal moment in the the CL final, then you can see why so much is made of it.

You was gobsmacked!

Bold bit makes no sense to me either. Madrid were lucky to score 2 of their goals you say, but pool were not unlucky?

The winning goal was the definition of a 'worldy' goal. Are you sure pool were not a little unlucky?

As @Gazza Dazzla points out they had enough quality like United to grind out wins. But like United they are not a great team. If I was Perez I would be decisive and sack Zidane. With some luck and good defending you can win cups. Real didn't look Galactico like against us or against pool. I would be 'gobsmacked' if other posters thought Real were as svelte on Saturday as the great Galactico teams of yesteryear.

With the PLs top scorer on the pitch, and without giving away two free goals, I'd suggest RM would have looked a lot less comfortable.

It's bad luck when your keeper fudges up now and again. When you have two keepers who a habit of it and have a poor defence in front of them to boot then that's not bad luck, that's bad management.
Liverpool have been lauded as the top scorers on the way to the final, how many did they concede though?
If anything their good luck ran out.

Klopp had one game plan.
Poor.
He didn't have Ing on the bench, the only fit player in his squad who could maintain the shape in event of an injury to one of the three up top. Negligent management (and I like the guy).
But one game plan. It isn't good enough.

Back