• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2017/18

so, was Bale's goal better than Zidane's ? Both amazing pieces of technique, loved seeing Zizou's reaction to the strike

I think Bale's was better, both fantastic goals though. With Zidane's I seem to remember that you could see him setting himself for the volley, so you could anticipate it a bit, amazing goal though it was. Bale's was just a bolt from the blue, incredible.

Him and Iniesta are easily the best midfielders in the world. So calm. Even when pressed by several players there's no panic, just pure class. Almost never makes mistakes.

It's why Dembele leaving would be a loss to us. Dembele is not in the same class, but who else is closer to Modric at feinting, twisting and retaining possession in midfield? Dembele doesn't have the deft crisp passing or technical shooting ability, but he's not a million miles off. Some players kick on at 30 - Modric and Rolando have been better than ever after 30.

Ramos is a prize see you next time. Was out to ensure pool's best player was roughed up. I don't think us Brits would mind that. Its his hypocrisy that grates. We like a hard player who fights for the win, but the way he rolls around when anyone so much as touches him is pathetic.

I think Mane is underrated. Salah takes the plaudits but Mane is a key support act, and almost as good imo. Still gutted we didn't sign him.

Pool were impressive. A bit like us lack the stellar players on the bench and couldn't maintain their dominance throughout the game. Were they unlucky? Absolutely. It made it more of a pleasing specticle!

It's why Dembele leaving would be a loss to us. Dembele is not in the same class, but who else is closer to Modric at feinting, twisting and retaining possession in midfield? Dembele doesn't have the deft crisp passing or technical shooting ability, but he's not a million miles off. Some players kick on at 30 - Modric and Rolando have been better than ever after 30.

Ramos is a prize see you next time. Was out to ensure pool's best player was roughed up. I don't think us Brits would mind that. Its his hypocrisy that grates. We like a hard player who fights for the win, but the way he rolls around when anyone so much as touches him is pathetic.

I think Mane is underrated. Salah takes the plaudits but Mane is a key support act, and almost as good imo. Still gutted we didn't sign him.

Pool were impressive. A bit like us lack the stellar players on the bench and couldn't maintain their dominance throughout the game. Were they unlucky? Absolutely. It made it more of a pleasing specticle!

There were 3 or 4 on the pitch that I wouldn't call stellar either. Milner is past it, both full backs are too inexperienced to handle a big game and what anyone sees in Henderson is beyond me.

Don’t understand your last paragraph. How were Liverpool unlucky?

Don’t understand your last paragraph. How were Liverpool unlucky?

Dominating the game and their talisman is taken out the game by a cynical foul. Imagine if that was Kane taken out with us in the final. Two goals they conceded were keeper howlers.

@camspurs yet pool are sadly our equal now. They move the ball with speed and work hard. With a few upgrades they might push city for the title imo. But they are like us, almost but not quite. I don’t like them either. But I respect what Klopp has put in place. He’s a bit erratic like his team but works hard and they were in the mix to win that final.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Last edited:
Dominating the game and their talisman is taken out the game by a cynical foul. Imagine if that was Kane taken out with us in the final. Two possibly all three goals they conceded were keeper howlers.

@camspurs yet pool are sadly our equal now. They move the ball with speed and work hard. With a few upgrades they might push city for the title imo. But they are like us, almost but not quite. I don’t like them either. But I respect what Klopp has put in place. He’s a bit erratic like his team but works hard and they were in the mix to win that final.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app
They had more of the ball for 20 minutes and barely created a chance. What about the other 70 minutes of the game?

They had more of the ball for 20 minutes and barely created a chance. What about the other 70 minutes of the game?

For 30 minutes there were dominant and created a few half chances. Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp had looked at how we played them. RM couldn't deal with the press, and pool moved the ball with a lot of speed (Karius' first f up came about as he tried to play the ball out as rapidly as poss). For the other 60 minutes they didn't have Salah, their best player, but were in the game, and bar another keeper howler who knows. If it had been us on top then Kane or Eriksen are taken out, then lloris drops 2 clangers...I think we'd feel a little unlucky.

For 30 minutes there were dominant and created a few half chances. Wouldn't be surprised if Klopp had looked at how we played them. RM couldn't deal with the press, and pool moved the ball with a lot of speed (Karius' first f up came about as he tried to play the ball out as rapidly as poss). For the other 60 minutes they didn't have Salah, their best player, but were in the game, and bar another keeper howler who knows. If it had been us on top then Kane or Eriksen are taken out, then lloris drops 2 clangers...I think we'd feel a little unlucky.
I didn’t feel at any stage that Real were in trouble, it was similar to how we played in the 2nd half v Utd in the semi, absolutely no threat and didn’t look like creating anything, when Salah was on the pitch or not. Players get injured, it was the sort of challenge you see all the time, honestly Ramos is being made out to be some master villain.

I just can’t see how anyone could have watched that final and thought Liverpool should have won, the English bias beggars belief sometimes. Madrid were in complete control.

I didn’t feel at any stage that Real were in trouble, it was similar to how we played in the 2nd half v Utd in the semi, absolutely no threat and didn’t look like creating anything, when Salah was on the pitch or not. Players get injured, it was the sort of challenge you see all the time, honestly Ramos is being made out to be some master villain.

I just can’t see how anyone could have watched that final and thought Liverpool should have won, the English bias beggars belief sometimes. Madrid were in complete control.

Real haven’t been in control of any game this season past, they have be dreadful by thier high standards.

Real haven’t been in control of any game this season past, they have be dreadful by thier high standards.

They looked pretty comfortable to me on Saturday. Liverpool started with a lot of energy but did nothing with it. Real grew as the game went on which was always likely.

You don’t have to have 70% possession to be in control of the game. I’ll go back to the Utd semi example against us, did you think Utd were in complete control after they scored in the 2nd half? I did, yet they had about 35% possession and virtually no territory, but it’s what you do with it and how you defend/contain the oppo. Exactly what Madrid did on Saturday.

They looked pretty comfortable to me on Saturday. Liverpool started with a lot of energy but did nothing with it. Real grew as the game went on which was always likely.

Klopp was so ill prepared, eggs all in one basket.
Ramos trod on that!

No plan b, they will never get batter chance to beat Real....
They have been very fortunate to win the CL yet again.
Watched Real struggle quite a bit this season especially at home, which doesn’t make sense!
We showed how beatable they are.

You don’t have to have 70% possession to be in control of the game. I’ll go back to the Utd semi example against us, did you think Utd were in complete control after they scored in the 2nd half? I did, yet they had about 35% possession and virtually no territory, but it’s what you do with it and how you defend/contain the oppo. Exactly what Madrid did on Saturday.

Real were home an hozed once the Liverpool talisman was off. They lost all heart.
Klopp will be looking to spend big this summer he must not rely on any one or two players.
Plus a goalkeeper.

Some nonsense going around about Saturday’s match imo.

The Ramos tackle is the kind of thing that happens ten times a game - it was an unlucky fall, but that’s it.

Madrid didn’t need to move out of third gear to win.

tickle my balls with a feather.

Some nonsense going around about Saturday’s match imo.

The Ramos tackle is the kind of thing that happens ten times a game - it was an unlucky fall, but that’s it.

Madrid didn’t need to move out of third gear to win.

They need a new gearbox as well then.;)
It’s why they were 17 points behind Barcelona.
You saw how poor they were when we played them, luckily for them Dortmund were even worse!

There were 3 or 4 on the pitch that I wouldn't call stellar either. Milner is past it, both full backs are too inexperienced to handle a big game and what anyone sees in Henderson is beyond me.
I agree about Henderson and the full backs.

Milner, though, is a significantly better footballer than he used to be now that he can't get near the ball in defence or attack.

Back