• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

Still don't get the point Henry was trying to make.

Aaaaaand once again I am reminded why Thierry Henry is such a total,and utter Kclam! Adebayor got caned for the knee-slide whilst at Emirates Marketing Project, but did Henry ever get ANYTHING for that DISGRACEFUL 85 YARD SPRINT BACK DOWN THE PITCH TO SLIDE IN FRONT OF US AT SCUMBURY? Nope. Class? Take the 'CL' off and I'd say it's more accurate.

There's definitely Barcelona "hipsters" just as there is Real Madrid hipsters or Bayern hipsters. But I think most people would agree Messi is the best player in the world and has been for the majority of the past decade, it doesn't make them "hipsters". I know some people think Ronaldo is better, but the majority would say Messi is superior given how many trophies he has won among other things.
There are nowhere near as many Madrid or Bayern hipsters.

Doesn't matter where you go on holiday you'll see stacks of Barca shirts - most of the wearers probably couldn't explain the offside rule. Far more than any other (expect Man Utd in some parts of the world). Ask anyone in London with a ridiculous beard, who doesn't understand what length trousers should be or what proper shoes are and they'll tell you their favourite team is Barca.

There are nowhere near as many Madrid or Bayern hipsters.

Doesn't matter where you go on holiday you'll see stacks of Barca shirts - most of the wearers probably couldn't explain the offside rule. Far more than any other (expect Man Utd in some parts of the world). Ask anyone in London with a ridiculous beard, who doesn't understand what length trousers should be or what proper shoes are and they'll tell you their favourite team is Barca.

Real Madrid would not be far behind in terms of "supporters". ArcspacE was a perfect example of one of them he had more clubs than Steve Claridge and Tiger Woods put together.

Barca would not be as popular as they are if Messi did not play for them because A) they would not be as good. B) people like tuning him to watch Messi as he is the most skilful player on the planet. That 5-0 demolition of Real a few years ago was the best 90 minutes of club football I have ever seen.

Real Madrid would not be far behind in terms of "supporters". ArcspacE was a perfect example of one of them he had more clubs than Steve Claridge and Tiger Woods put together.

Barca would not be as popular as they are if Messi did not play for them because A) they would not be as good. B) people like tuning him to watch Messi as he is the most skilful player on the planet. That 5-0 demolition of Real a few years ago was the best 90 minutes of club football I have ever seen.
It's got nothing to do with who is better, it's everything to do with who is supported by a pile of cvnt - that's mainly Barca.

Most Madrid fans I know like them because of their historical teams, not the current one - by the very definition they cannot then be hipsters.

It's got nothing to do with who is better, it's everything to do with who is supported by a pile of cvnt - that's mainly Barca.

Most Madrid fans I know like them because of their historical teams, not the current one - by the very definition they cannot then be hipsters.

Both clubs are supported by clams. I prefer Barca because Madrid fans are racist, fascist clams as well as being incredibly spoilt brats. Look at how they've treated Bale and Ronaldo for example in recent times.

Barca have dominated football for the last decade, hence why they have picked up a lot of followers recently, most of them would switch in a heartbeat to Real if they started dominating. It was exactly the same from 1995-2002, Real Madrid shirts were everywhere

Both clubs are supported by clams. I prefer Barca because Madrid fans are racist, fascist clams as well as being incredibly spoilt brats. Look at how they've treated Bale and Ronaldo for example in recent times.

Barca have dominated football for the last decade, hence why they have picked up a lot of followers recently, most of them would switch in a heartbeat to Real if they started dominating. It was exactly the same from 1995-2002, Real Madrid shirts were everywhere
Quite. That's what makes the people supporting Barca now hipsters. It's also what makes supporting Barca a bad thing.

talking of hipsters, isnt following the likes of madrid or barca a bit too mainstream for them. i thought hipsters follow teams like dortmund, thinking that it makes them apear to have a deep understanding of the game.

talking of hipsters, isnt following the likes of madrid or barca a bit too mainstream for them. i thought hipsters follow teams like dortmund, thinking that it makes them apear to have a deep understanding of the game.
No, hipsters don't know enough about football to have heard of Dormund.

I'm talking about the kind of football fan that doesn't actually watch any football.

I'm sure there's a thread discussing it in of topic so not to drag this even further off topic, but a hipster supporting Barcelona/Real is like a proper hipster shopping at primark or watching britain's got talent; Not going to happen! (unless said hipster has genuine links to one of these clubs. The idea comes from liking things before they were popular, then moving on to the next thing when it does rise in popularity.

I think people often use the work to define anyone who likes something they don't like at times! Look at that guy wearing glasses and drinking coffee, damn hipster clam

I'm sure there's a thread discussing it in of topic so not to drag this even further off topic, but a hipster supporting Barcelona/Real is like a proper hipster shopping at primark or watching britain's got talent; Not going to happen! (unless said hipster has genuine links to one of these clubs. The idea comes from liking things before they were popular, then moving on to the next thing when it does rise in popularity.

I think people often use the work to define anyone who likes something they don't like at times! Look at that guy wearing glasses and drinking coffee, damn hipster clam

Proper hipsters don't like football at all. Being a hipster has now become so trendy that the true hipsters shouldn't look like one at all. I just use the term for anyone who looks like a complete douchebag: Stupid haircut, tattoos, beard, pants that are way too tight and a manbag. Likes to brew his own beer.

A football hipster is something different in my mind, someone who doesn't really follow football, but supports a team he's read about because he thinks it makes him look cool (which is basically what all hipsters are about).

Proper hipsters don't like football at all. Being a hipster has now become so trendy that the true hipsters shouldn't look like one at all. I just use the term for anyone who looks like a complete douchebag: Stupid haircut, tattoos, beard, pants that are way too tight and a manbag. Likes to brew his own beer.

A football hipster is something different in my mind, someone who doesn't really follow football, but supports a team he's read about because he thinks it makes him look cool (which is basically what all hipsters are about).

I agree with your definition of a football hipster,but I wouldn't say hipsters can't like football.

What a hipster is, is defined by the very nature of the current social climate and how people are dressing, and also it's big in terms of self acknowledgement, ie you can't try to be a hipster, so I'm not sure I agree with your first and second sentences, "being a hipster becoming trendy" doesn't make sense to me as what is hipster, is what is not trendy, I do get that it has changed over time an also as you say, more often than not, it's a word for someone who you perhaps don't really like. You say a hipster likes to brew his own beer, but for me that's more of an old man habit. But as I do often point out on here, I'm not all that in to the whole generalization thing and in any circumstance like to give people a fair chance irregardless of their appearance and habitudes.

The song "being a dingdongheads cool" for me is a good one in terms of defining what a hipster was a while ago.

Being an old man is very hipster ;). Collecting vinyl, wear old fashioned clothes, have either a full beard or a moustache, making your own coffee blend. There are so many of them around now that I think it's fair to say it is THE trend right now. People I know that used to sport the metal look because that was what they were into have now turned into hipsters. Micro brew pubs are popping up on every corner.

Being an old man is very hipster ;). Collecting vinyl, wear old fashioned clothes, have either a full beard or a moustache, making your own coffee blend. There are so many of them around now that I think it's fair to say it is THE trend right now. People I know that used to sport the metal look because that was what they were into have now turned into hipsters. Micro brew pubs are popping up on every corner.

so its hip to be a hipster?

GHod what am i missing out on. Im 39 but i dont collect vinyl, i dont wear old fashioned clothes, no facial hair, i drink very little coffee and when i do its instant decaff. Im so not hip :(

That's it in a nutshell. Someone who spends all their time pretending to like something that they believe it's cool to like. That's why there are so many hipster Barca fans.

That's it in a nutshell. Someone who spends all their time pretending to like something that they believe it's cool to like. That's why there are so many hipster Barca fans.

ArcspacE was the definition of a hipster. Supports United, Real Madrid and apparently Spurs if we are to believe him.

That's more of a turncoat, rather than a hipster wouldn't you think? There is nothing vaguely hipster-ish about supporting United Real Madrid and Spurs.

Well, Scara's definition of a hipster is "Someone who spends all their time pretending to like something that they believe it's cool to like. That's why there are so many hipster Barca fans."

Sounds similar to a lot of people who support United or Madrid.

Back