• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

What a surprise, neymar rushing to defend the scum....

how am i defending anyone? i am merely pointing out that a large part of football is about participation. and im sure that i speak for everyone here when i say that those games we had against the milan teams and real madrid were magical (and will long live in our memories), despite the fact that we didnt win the champions league that year.

how am i defending anyone? i am merely pointing out that a large part of football is about participation. and im sure that i speak for everyone here when i say that those games we had against the milan teams and real madrid were magical (and will long live in our memories), despite the fact that we didnt win the champions league that year.

I'm normally with you Neymar but not on this, participation, gonad*s, it's about winning, the Milan tie yes, we won, the Madrid game no, I was there but I can't remember, we drew the away leg right?

I will absolutely love it if Zlatan finally gets his hands on the CL trophy, he's the one player missing from the list of illustrious hands its been in, the European Cup deserves Zlatan.

There are at least 5 players who are more high profile, and more importantly better than him who haven't won the CL;

Ronaldo (The fat one)
Buffon
Cannavaro
Lothar Matthaus
Maradona
Lilian Thuram
Falcao

I'm normally with you Neymar but not on this, participation, cobblers, it's about winning, the Milan tie yes, we won, the Madrid game no, I was there but I can't remember, we drew the away leg right?

i dont want to argue with you too much as ill have no-one on my side re wenger lol but, if its not about participation, surely most football clubs have no business being football teams?

There are at least 5 players who are more high profile, and more importantly better than him who haven't won the CL;

Ronaldo (The fat one)
Buffon
Cannavaro
Lothar Matthaus
Maradona
Lilian Thuram
Falcao

Ha ha, there is no one better at anything than Zlatan, he is the peak of humanity, he is the reason for humanity, did you know that Dolphins refer to the human race as little zlatans?

i dont want to argue with you too much as ill have no-one on my side re wenger lol but, if its not about participation, surely most football clubs have no business being football teams?

Yep, most of them should revert to amateur status, most of them have no future in the professional game, there isn't one other country where such a small land mass has so many franchises, the business case just isn't there, 50 years from now I'll be very surprised if we have anything other than 2 divisions of 16 pro teams in England.

Yep, most of them should revert to amateur status, most of them have no future in the professional game, there isn't one other country where such a small land mass has so many franchises, the business case just isn't there, 50 years from now I'll be very surprised if we have anything other than 2 divisions of 16 pro teams in England.

i can see your point from this perspective, but as fans, isnt watching your club compete/participate in a competition against giants of the game like real madrid something you can be proud of even if you dont win?

i can see your point from this perspective, but as fans, isnt watching your club compete/participate in a competition against giants of the game like real madrid something you can be proud of even if you dont win?

What has it got to do with the fans?

Football sold its soul a long time ago, that genie isn't going back in the bottle. We can tinkle and moan all we like about how things used to be but professional sport is an equation now, you get out exactly what you put in, there is no point basing expectation on delusion.

Reading today that if City go out tonight, and PL teams don't do much better in next season's CL, England will likely lose the fourth CL spot for the 2016/17 season.

Which means we have a fourth place finish to look forward to next season!

Reading today that if City go out tonight, and PL teams don't do much better in next season's CL, England will likely lose the fourth CL spot for the 2016/17 season.

Which means we have a fourth place finish to look forward to next season!

That's a media scare story. The 2016/17 places are decided by country rankings at the end of the current (2014/15) season. There is no possibility of England not having 4 CL places for 2016/17.

The top 3 countries get 4 CL places. England have been second, behind Spain, for the past few years. Germany could move above us but 3rd still gets 4 CL places. If English teams do badly in Europe next season and Italian teams do very well then it's possible Italy could overtake England. But it's a big gap and I think it's unlikely to be closed in one season. So realistically the earliest that we might lose the 4th CL spot is for the 2018/19 season.

English clubs clearly need Spurs in the champions league every year to boost the ranking points. Quarter Finals every time ! ;)

That's a media scare story. The 2016/17 places are decided by country rankings at the end of the current (2014/15) season. There is no possibility of England not having 4 CL places for 2016/17.

The top 3 countries get 4 CL places. England have been second, behind Spain, for the past few years. Germany could move above us but 3rd still gets 4 CL places. If English teams do badly in Europe next season and Italian teams do very well then it's possible Italy could overtake England. But it's a big gap and I think it's unlikely to be closed in one season. So realistically the earliest that we might lose the 4th CL spot is for the 2018/19 season.
We're nailed on to be 4th that season

Back