• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

I am a bit fed up with games likes this, though. Pretty much every player on both teams a cheating scumbag. No class at all, try to win by every means, cheating, diving, getting in the referee's face at every opportunity, complaining about every decision, trying to get players from the other team sent off...

Okay, it is entertaining in a way, but it happens too often in football nowadays, and the teams at the top are the worst. Something needs to be done about it. For a start they can come up with a rule that says that it's an automatic yellow card if a player who was not involved in the situation, runs towards a referee in an attempt to influence his decision. It's simple.

But as you pointed out, virtually every player is at it so it's nigh on impossible to police it. The ref foolishly turned his back on Costa and missed a blatant push. The linos need to be more proactive too.

It's a shame that football has come to this, as Souness pointed out, in his day, you made sure you didn't let your opponent now if you were hurt. Nowadays it's the complete opposite, even as far down as league 1 when Sheffield United tried to get Vertonghen sent off in the League Cup semi final. Every club has at least one player who is a cynical and/or serial cheat.

But as you pointed out, virtually every player is at it so it's nigh on impossible to police it. The ref foolishly turned his back on Costa and missed a blatant push. The linos need to be more proactive too.

It's a shame that football has come to this, as Souness pointed out, in his day, you made sure you didn't let your opponent now if you were hurt. Nowadays it's the complete opposite, even as far down as league 1 when Sheffield United tried to get Vertonghen sent off in the League Cup semi final. Every club has at least one player who is a cynical and/or serial cheat.

There's a simple solution: Book everyone complaining to the ref then. In two weeks it won't be a big issue anymore, as only the worst serial offenders will be left doing it.

Then you just keep booking them. I would love to do it if I was the ref.

There's a simple solution: Book everyone complaining to the ref then. In two weeks it won't be a big issue anymore, as only the worst serial offenders will be left doing it.

Then you just keep booking them. I would love to do it if I was the ref.
So would I buy I think you need to consider the kind of person who becomes a PL referee.

They're usually the kind of person the rest of society readily rejects and they're all clearly desperate to be friends with the players. None of them would want to alienate them all.

So would I buy I think you need to consider the kind of person who becomes a PL referee.

They're usually the kind of person the rest of society readily rejects and they're all clearly desperate to be friends with the players. None of them would want to alienate them all.

That's true, any normal person that would get Terry shouting in his face would probably instantly punch him.

Last edited:
Gotta love Zlatan:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 'I had Chelsea babies around me'

Chelsea's players acted like "babies" during the incident that led to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's red card on Wednesday, says the Paris St-Germain striker.

The Swede was sent off for a tackle on Oscar after 31 minutes but PSG survived the last hour of normal time and extra time to knock Chelsea out of the Champions League last 16 on away goals.

He said: "When I got the red card all the Chelsea players come around.

"It felt like I had a lot of babies around me."

Blues players surrounded Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers following Ibrahimovic's lunging tackle on Brazilian midfielder Oscar.

The forward added: "I don't know if I have to get angry or start to laugh. For me when I saw the red card I was like 'the guy doesn't know what he's doing'."

It is clear Mourinho has lost his old magic. He has not won a major trophy in 3 years now. The only trophy he has won during this period is the League Cup win over us. He can still win the PL trophy with Chelsea but that is only because all their rivals, particularly ManCity were shyte this season. I think an experienced manager could have beaten Mourinho in the League Cup final.

It is clear Mourinho has lost his old magic. He has not won a major trophy in 3 years now. The only trophy he has won during this period is the League Cup win over us. He can still win the PL trophy with Chelsea but that is only because all their rivals, particularly ManCity were shyte this season. I think an experienced manager could have beaten Mourinho in the League Cup final.

Wow? Really? This seems massively premature at best.

It hasn't been 3 years. If they fail to win the league come may it will be 3 years without a major trophy. If they do win the league this season it will have been 2 years without a major trophy... Hardly earth shattering stuff. And in a career at a top level of well over a decade now that's hardly a huge "worst period" for a manager.

It's not like all of Ferguson's titles came when their rivals were at their best either. Same for all big teams, they sometimes win titles because the other 1-2 obvious challengers are having a bit of an off season.

It's not like the old magic he did have was filled with attacking flourish. When they won the league with 95 points in 04/05 they scored "only" 72 goals, 15 goals less than Arsenal in second. in 05/06 they wont the league with 91 points, scoring 72 goals - the same as United in second.

Yesterday, and the tie against PSG in general, was less than impressive. But to say that this indicates the demise of Mourinho...? Not buying it.

Bit of an odd generalisation I would say. I don't believe that the refs desire to be accepted by the players comes into it that much. To be a ref at PL level you have to be a bit of an egomanic and power hungry too. Maybe they were bullied as kids, who knows?

The current state of play where challenging the ref on almost every decision is the norm really is because it has been left unchecked for years. I'm sure the refs would much rather a similar situation to rubgy for example, where respect is total and acceptance of decisions without question are the norm. Players are like kids. They'll go as far as they are let. If there is no punishment they'll redraw the line an inch further each time.

Bit of an odd generalisation I would say. I don't believe that the refs desire to be accepted by the players comes into it that much. To be a ref at PL level you have to be a bit of an egomanic and power hungry too. Maybe they were bullied as kids, who knows?
I've met a handful of refs over time at some silly business shakey hand things and they've all seemed to me as if they'd be traffic wardens or policemen if they hadn't been referees/whatever their day job was.

I've met a handful of refs over time at some silly business shakey hand things and they've all seemed to me as if they'd be traffic wardens or policemen if they hadn't been referees/whatever their day job was.
I'd believe that. You see it a lot in youth football too. Bunch of little Hitler types.

Gotta love Zlatan:

Zlatan Ibrahimovic: 'I had Chelsea babies around me'

Chelsea's players acted like "babies" during the incident that led to Zlatan Ibrahimovic's red card on Wednesday, says the Paris St-Germain striker.

The Swede was sent off for a tackle on Oscar after 31 minutes but PSG survived the last hour of normal time and extra time to knock Chelsea out of the Champions League last 16 on away goals.

He said: "When I got the red card all the Chelsea players come around.

"It felt like I had a lot of babies around me."

Blues players surrounded Dutch referee Bjorn Kuipers following Ibrahimovic's lunging tackle on Brazilian midfielder Oscar.

The forward added: "I don't know if I have to get angry or start to laugh. For me when I saw the red card I was like 'the guy doesn't know what he's doing'."
He's absolute right!
download.jpg

Because not only is it mindblowingly inappropiate, we are Spurs ffs!! But nevermind. you've already lost any kind of respect and decency you might have had.

Because not only is it mindblowingly inappropiate, we are Spurs ffs!! But nevermind. you've already lost any kind of respect and decency you might have had.

it's a well known slang term in the uk Kandi, it just means jobsworth, it's not an indication of anything more

(good GHod, I'm using the Suarez defence aren't I?)

Call it what the funk you want, but once you draw anything related to Hitler into a discussion, you've lost! And I certainly won't accept being compared with Hitler!

Back