• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Champions League 2014/15

Jordinho

Ron Henry
Staff member
Playoff Draw (at 11 am):

LEAGUE ROUTE

Seeded:

Arsenal FC (ENG)
FC Porto (POR)
FC Zenit (RUS)
Bayer 04 Leverkusen (GER)
SSC Napoli (ITA)

Unseeded:

Athletic Club (ESP)
LOSC Lille (FRA)
FC København (DEN)
R. Standard de Liège (BEL)
Beşiktaş JK (TUR)

CHAMPIONS ROUTE

Seeded:

FC Salzburg (AUT)
FC Steaua Bucureşti (ROU)
APOEL FC (CYP)
FC BATE Borisov (BLR)
PFC Ludogorets Razgrad (BUL)

Unseeded:

NK Maribor (SVN)
Legia Warszawa (POL)
ŠK Slovan Bratislava (SVK)
Malmö FF (SWE)
Aalborg BK (DEN)

Celtic have been reinstated after Legia fielded an ineligible player on wednesday.

How lucky are Celtic - got totally outplayed in both legs but still in the hat.

Legia have been kicked out for fielding an ineligible player in their second leg against Celtic.

And if I read the BBC report correctly the player did miss three games, but they hadn't registered him properly for the first two. It seems as he could play they didn't put the paperwork through.

Very lucky Celtic.

And Legia missed two penalties in the first leg - if either had been scored Legia would still have gone through.

NK Maribor v Celtic FC
FC Salzburg v Malmo FF
Aalborg BK v Apoel Nicosia FC
FC Steaua Bucharest v PFC Ludgorets Razgrad
SK Slovan Bratislava v FC BATE Borisov
Besiktas JK v Arsenal FC
Standard Liege v FC Zenit St Petersburg
FC Kobenhavn v Bayer 04 Leverkusen
LOSC Lille v FC Porto
SSC Napoli v Athletic Club Bilbao

Did he even touch the ball ?

And Celtic will be back in the Europa before too long - unless they are bottom of their group.

Feel sorry for Legia. I think UEFA should be helping them out here to understand. It clearly wasn't them being underhanded, it was a mistake. Celtic should feel embarrassed

So basically Celtic could get 3 bites at the cherry, lost once already, could end up losing v Maribor and then get a third shot at Euro football, WALOB

Seems rather disproportionate. I thought there was a similar previous case where they didn't get kicked out.

Wonder what would happen if Barca or Real did the same thing... :-"

Edit - Found the previous:

BBC said:
However, in 2010, Uefa fined Debrecen £15,000 but rejected a protest from opponents Litex Lovech, who wanted the Hungarian side kicked out of the tournament for fielding an ineligible player.

Debrecen argued that they fielded Peter Mate in good faith as a substitute in Bulgaria when they were leading 4-1 on aggregate.

Uefa ruled that Debrecen had "no interest in fielding this player for the three last minutes of additional time, when the score was so clearly in its favour".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/28693855

Last edited:
I hate them usual ******** from that scummy club if they had anything about them they would have declined the chance to go and told UEFA that the sub made no impact on the outcome of the match.

I hate them usual ******** from that scummy club if they had anything about them they would have declined the chance to go and told UEFA that the sub made no impact on the outcome of the match.

I don't think Spurs nor any other club for that matter would have done that either to be fair. When someone dangles the CL in front of your nose you hardly going to refuse it. CL participation is big big money especially in comparison to the paltry sums the SPL doles out. I'd say some dopey intern in Legia Warsaw is getting the **** kicked out of him at this very moment.

Well I personally would have. I do not want to win anything or compete in something if I have not won it fairly.

If at my sons school sports day I had won the 100 metres race because someone else had stopped on the line to pick up a toy for a child and I went past I would not feel I deserved to win and would decline.

Celtic should have said that the sub had no bearing on the result and made a stand. I would feel the same if it were spurs, I want to see us win the league one day but I want it to be fairly and because we deserve it. Why does everyone have to cheat and try and take the easy way to success. I realised long ago you only got out of life what you put in. I worked harder took chances and funny enough started to get the rewards.

Celtic were beaten fair and square by a financially poor team who probably do not have the resources to employ people to check out such rules, instead of doing the right thing they looked only for the money as they do when they continually talk about wanting to join the Premiership.

Well I personally would have. I do not want to win anything or compete in something if I have not won it fairly.

If at my sons school sports day I had won the 100 metres race because someone else had stopped on the line to pick up a toy for a child and I went past I would not feel I deserved to win and would decline.

Celtic should have said that the sub had no bearing on the result and made a stand. I would feel the same if it were spurs, I want to see us win the league one day but I want it to be fairly and because we deserve it. Why does everyone have to cheat and try and take the easy way to success. I realised long ago you only got out of life what you put in. I worked harder took chances and funny enough started to get the rewards.

Celtic were beaten fair and square by a financially poor team who probably do not have the resources to employ people to check out such rules, instead of doing the right thing they looked only for the money as they do when they continually talk about wanting to join the Premiership.

I'm with you on the principle of thing but if you stood to make 30mil by winning the race then I think your morals would take a back seat. Anyway you shouldn't be running your son's school sports day. RINGER!!!! ;)

I'm with you on the principle of thing but if you stood to make 30mil by winning the race then I think your morals would take a back seat. Anyway you shouldn't be running your son's school sports day. RINGER!!!! ;)

haha yes not his race the parents race which I would have won if it were on a bike, I am not a runner.

only one match I'm looking at
Besiktas now managed by slaven bilic, they signed demba ba, finished 3rd in turkish league last year

Ba scored a hattrick against Feyenoord in the qualifier; looked very strong and led the front alone. Hutchinson looked impressive too. Seems BJK have lost a lot of their Portuguese contingent - not as strong as they used to be I believe.

Back