• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

I am really surprised we sold him, but good luck to him, Swansea are in the PL to stay I hope.

I never rated Caulker as he is too error-prone. But still surprised we chose to sell him now before buying another defender to replace him. Thought we are still not fully covered in defence with Kaboul being injury-prone. Hope we will buy an established defender to strengthen the defence.

Maybe Levy and AVB still has not forgiven Caulker for that mistake against Everton which ultimately cost us the CL place. Maybe they will target Walker next for his mistake against Liverpool.

What cost us the champs league place was having strikers who could not score all season(unfair on defoe for the first 10 games) and a coach who wasted the energy of our best players on the europa league, see how we played in the homes matches against west hame and everton after the europa league matches.

What cost us the champs league place was having strikers who could not score all season(unfair on defoe for the first 10 games) and a coach who wasted the energy of our best players on the europa league, see how we played in the homes matches against west ham and everton after the europa league matches.

We did the "double" over West Ham last season.

Caulker probably wanted regular playing time which he certainly wouldn't be guaranteed at spurs, combine that with a good fee and it's an decent deal for all involved.
Caulker would have been 4th choice at best if he stayed at spurs so I can understand if he had a desire to leave.

Caulker probably wanted regular playing time which he certainly wouldn't be guaranteed at spurs, combine that with a good fee and it's an decent deal for all involved.
Caulker would have been 4th choice at best if he stayed at spurs so I can understand if he had a desire to leave.

It does make some sense I suppose, but if he develops into the player he has the potential to develop into and we haven't included a buyback clause then it's a massive mistake.

this is the sort of deal like a decision you make where you doubt you have made the right one..... you choose a path at a crossroads but keep looking back over your shoulder.

maybe you could argue Caulker should have toughened it out with us and you could argue that if he hasn't got the mentality to fight for a place for spurs then maybe he isn't the player we need.

who knows but a cb is a priority...didn't thinks Kaboul was ready???? interesting to see how we get on/who plays vs Monaco......still time to get a cb in but now we defo need one.

i presume the Soldano deal cost Levy the full amount so someone had to be sacrificed to pay for it but to only have one one fit centre half at the club doesn't prepare the club well for the new season.

We seem to buy and sell players totally against the grain on how a normal club should be doing it.

Apparently Caulker was happy to play another bit part season at Spurs and earn his stripes in the Europa League, did not always see eye to eye with AVB though. I think like Dawson the club made moves to offload however this time the player did not dig his heals in and stay.

For me its a mistake, with the buy British rules floating about and the fact he will only get better with age, its a short sighted sale

Is this the first time we have ever made a big lump out of a home-grown player?

Caulker is a very good CB but he cannot pass the ball. Some CBs like that have great careers.

Edit: We got about £5 mill for O'Hara, I think.

Is this the first time we have ever made a big lump out of a home-grown player?

Caulker is a very good CB but he cannot pass the ball. Some CBs like that have great careers.

Edit: We got about £5 mill for O'Hara, I think.

The Caulker that fit perfectly as a ball playing CB at Swansea can't pass the ball?

I think you're confused.

The Caulker that fit perfectly as a ball playing CB at Swansea can't pass the ball?

I think you're confused.

No, mate.

The number of times I have seen him boot the ball into touch for Spurs is many.

In the last friendly game he played for us he could just manage a sideways pass.

Maybe at Swansea he was more confident and made a pass or two. Not for us.

Back