• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Caulker to Cardiff ***Official***

So it seems it was not AVB's decision to sell Caulker -

“I think the way Bale performed last year, it was slightly expected for him to want to leave and go and play Champions League football.

“My situation was a bit different – my decision was based around the fact I wanted to play games. I didn’t quite feel that me and the manager at Tottenham had the same plans and ambitions for my career.

“There were no rows, nothing personal. It was simply that he saw my career developing over several years. That was how he saw my future.

“His plan, with three or four other centre-halves, was for me to sit back a bit and get drip fed into the first team. That wasn’t for me.

“Speaking to the gaffer here, Malky Mackay, there will be more opportunity. When I met him, he was full of ambition and confidence and I kind of liked his plans and ideas. It just all seemed right for me.

“I am always someone who is keen to go out there and do it now. I am not a believer in waiting. Life can pass you by, you know?”
http://www.dailystar.co.uk/sport/football/335679/I-didn-t-want-to-wait-life-can-pass-you-by-says-Cardiff-s-Steven-Caulker

So it seems it was not AVB's decision to sell Caulker

At his age, most of us would probably have done / do the same thing... the benefits of "slow and steady" don't become apparent until you've got a few more years under your belt.

(At which point you wish you could find a time-machine and go back to tell your younger self to have a bit more patience and take time to savour things)

Could we not of just loaned him out then to prem clubs year after year until he was ready?

Seems to me like AVB didnt really see too much promise in him so got rid for a nice price of £9,000,000.

Back