• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cassano - Is he worth it?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JellySpur

Espen Baardsen
If I should have put this somewhere else, sorry. I just came across an article that seemed interesting enough. The gist was that Antonio Cassano is currently a free agent and as the free agent window is still open as well as taking our well covered Front-Line issues in to consideration, it might be a good idea to have a look at him.

I'm sure everyone is pretty well versed with the type of player he is and what he could possibly bring to the team. He's also fairly well known for causing trouble and being a bit of a bother but, he's equally well known for playing for the likes of Real, A.C, Inter & Roma, as well as the Italian national side.

He's a free agent after terminating his contract with Parma via mutual consent, claiming that the side 'Took him for a ride', due to missed payments and a perceived lack of professionalism within the clubs hierarchy.

Whilst at Parma this season, he's scored 5 goals in 20 games and 18 in 56 in his time there. So, not exactly the best but, he could be an option off the bench and we could do with someone as cover for Kane & Soldado as it doesn't look likely that Ade will play much of a role.

What do you guys think?

Personally, I don't think it'd be a good option unless Pochettino had a talk with him and they saw eye to eye regarding his role. If successful he could end up having a role akin to Gudjohnson a few years back. Apologies for any spelling/grammar errors or lack of stylish writing but, I'm sure you'll be forgiving, given that it is verly early in the morning.

We can't sign free agents. We already registered our 25 man (well 22 man, as we only have 5 overage HG players) squad for the rest of the season yesterday morning

Only lower league clubs can (they have a small window starting next week sometime).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back