1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

cars

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by StephenH, 27 Sep 2017.

1. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Kevin-Prince Boateng

White Hart Lane/Soldier Field/United Centre
    Also, of course depends on your driving requirements, but am glad i stuck with one more combustible engine. The whole world will eventually move to Electric and of course they're rapid too, but the start of an ICE, or the roar when you rev away on the slip road to a motorway, just absolutely beautiful.

DTA and scaramanga like this.
  2. scaramanga

scaramanga Tony Galvin Staff Member

If you like startup roar, depending on your model you may be able to improve it.

Some manufacturers have rpm-based solenoid valves in the exhaust designed to help pass MOTs. If you can find the fuse and pull it, they all fail open. Stick it back in for the MOT though.

Two of the greatest car sounds on this planet - the Maserati V8 turbo and the Aston V12 both have it. Absolutely criminal to mute such beauty IMO.

3. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Kevin-Prince Boateng

White Hart Lane/Soldier Field/United Centre
    Yeh heard about that, as well as the PPF that's added to the car which also reduces the noise somewhat.

But it's an absolute blast to drive, flick into Sport mode and it just flies. I never bought the sporty car i wanted in my 20s, so now the family here it's a decent sized SUV for practicality but also an absolute hunk of burning love to drive for when i need it to be.

4. scaramanga

scaramanga Tony Galvin Staff Member

It seems BMW are the awkward exception to the rule that have a valve that fails closed!

Look here for info: https://x3.xbimmers.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1452260

You need to pull the fuse once the exhaust is hot and the flap has opened. Didn't read far enough to see if people had found a better solution.

5. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Dean Richards

[​IMG]

MKSpur likes this.