1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Thanks, scara
    Dismiss Notice
  3. Please read this post: https://www.glory-glory.co.uk/community/threads/fund-raising-for-jeremy-yermiyahu.10542/
    Dismiss Notice

cars

Discussion in 'Randomination' started by StephenH, 27 Sep 2017.

1. Jon

Jon To dare is to Dodd

Yes of course. You do that by using the stero-wheel.

scaramanga likes this.
  2. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Andy Gray

White Hart Lane/Soldier Field/United Centre
    Absolutely class, obviously utilise Apple Carplay but was an absolute breeze to set up, done it before leaving the forecourt. The Heads Up Display is also fantastic, such a smart piece of kit. 33C tomorrow so need to try the 'pre-conditioning' of the car and see if you can A/C it from your mobile.

But aside from the tech, it's the engine man. When it starts, it absolutely ROARS. Off the line it just drops on acceleration for an SUV. Has the space, but the speed too, from all reviews etc it's a great car. Like i said, the X5 is too, but the X3 seems to drive better with the M40i engine and slightly smaller dimensions.

Not saving any money on petrol though :eek:

SpurMeUp likes this.
  3. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Dimitar Berbatov

I've just signed the contract on this baby! :)
    Gonna go pick it up over the weekend.
    Tried a friends one and got hooked! My word what a car! Best thing I've ever driven!

Attached Files:

Rorschach and ShipOfTheseus like this.
  4. Seedy Ron

Seedy Ron Dean Richards

5. Kandi1977

Kandi1977 Dimitar Berbatov

Etron 50. I thought it was quite small, until I saw it in person, but it's at least as big as the Q5! And it feels more roomy inside.

Seedy Ron likes this.
  6. AuroRaman

AuroRaman Milija Aleksic

I passed my test in Feb (latecomer to the driving party). Looking at getting my first car, Something like a Corsa or Focus. However I have also spied a navy blue 2005 Mini for £1600. Has anyone owned a Mini previously? Is it a bit of a ridiculous option for a first car? Or ever?

7. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

I think it’s a great option. No boot though. But fun to drive and it has some charm. Made by BMW.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

AuroRaman likes this.
  8. SpurMeUp

SpurMeUp Ian Walker

Ah wow. New cars have so many toys. It’s the only thing I miss on my older cars.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

9. Danishfurniturelover

Danishfurniturelover Les Medley

I like you so dont take this the wrong way, but if you drive a focus you might as well just fcuk off and kill yourself

AuroRaman likes this.
  10. StephenH

StephenH Colin Calderwood

Can get expensive as they get older.
    But a fun drive.

AuroRaman likes this.
  11. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Richard Gough

Look out for electric power steering problems, any hesitation when pulling away or accelerating and it might have sensor problems or the coils packs and plugs may need replacing. The door handles can jam and be difficult to open, wheel bearings tend to go on higher mileage examples.

My wife has had a couple over the years and this is what we have found

AuroRaman likes this.
  12. galeforce

galeforce Ricky Villa

probably my next car :D

13. Daisuk

Daisuk Paul Robinson

My missus and I bought a 2018 Nissan Leaf back in November, and it's great for short drives and driving around town in general, but we went for our first long drive a couple of weeks back - and yeah ... don't do that! We should've done our homework, of course, but for some reason we both assumed that speed charging the battery took like 20 minutes (which the sales guy had told us), which of course isn't true, and also ... the thing is not designed to speed charge more than once a day. We had to go like 70 kilometers, recharging roughly ever 20 kilometers - but driving way too fast (we should've gone like 90 km/h instead of 120 km/h) and simultaneously heating up the battery - fudging nightmare. A drive that with a normal car takes roughly 6-7 hours, took us 13 and a half hours! We had to stop to charge the damned thing all the time, and as the battery was heating up, "speed charging" was taking increasingly more time - up to 1 hour 40 minutes towards the end.

Anyways - we're not going to go on any long trips with it again, that's for sure.

14. MKSpur

MKSpur Chris Armstrong

Congratulations!

I think if those 3 the Mini would be the most fun. When I was looking for a 5 door low cost run around that I could park in the street when my son was born in 2013 I ended up going for a 2010 Clio and have been pleasantly surprised with its reliability to this day. I also like the shape of the newer model a it has the hidden door handle design in the 5 door!

15. NoLimits01

NoLimits01 Richard Gough

The Audi A1 gets good reviews as well, don’t actually know anyone with one but anecdotal stories are always positive

16. Diamond Lights

Diamond Lights Andy Gray

White Hart Lane/Soldier Field/United Centre
    Would strongly advise looking at car forums (not that this place doesn't do the job!) but you find loads of important information from actual users of those cars.

Pistonheads has specific forums for each car marque or just find an actual Mini forum too. I was originally considering an F-Pace until i was reading a couple F-Pace forums who all warned of the issues on infotainment and electrics.

17. Rorschach

Rorschach George Hunt

Beauty. I'm well jealous.

What range are they saying?

18. glasgowspur

glasgowspur John Lacy

I'd go further, not just a focus, any Ford.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.
  19. DTA

DTA Niko Kranjcar

Mustang?

20. glasgowspur

glasgowspur John Lacy

Sally?

I've no experience of their US cars, but every one I've driven in the UK is horrible.

Danishfurniturelover likes this.