• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

Couldn't agree more. I'm not one for Facebook or Twitter but I thought this was brilliant on a few levels:

1. It's the club taking the tinkle out of themselves.
2. It's shows that the club is aware of fans' frustrations. That 30 second clip captured a lot of the stuff we've spent years moaning about from the lack of striker to the "special relationship".

Absolute genius in my book. Made me laugh and made me feel listened to.

I'd also say that Hitchen took a lot of stick around the doc. Some of it very unpleasant. Maybe people shouldn't judge a guy on a couple of minutes footage. What we're putting together this window, in a financially sensible manner, is first class.
Hitchin is putting the effort in now so he can take January off!

I'm pleased with the signing but I hope that people don't have too high expectations and then get down on him if it takes him a while to find his feet.
As someone else has mentioned maybe the lack of fans will benefit players in this sense, although I think the more combative types may thrive on the atmosphere the groans must be off putting. Although to be fair I think we have went remarkably patient with our misfiring strikers in the past at WHL.

Also I miss that buzz of a new player either being there after signing at HT after signing or making their debut.

He is coming from a weaker Lge so his goal tally is not really that important, however he is still only 25 and has room to improve. I have always thought that to get a striker in that would be willing to be a back up to Kane would not be that easy as the real good ones would want to play most of the time.

He obviously knows how to lead the line and score goals and has time on his side to improve and get better, lets hope he does.

Where do you expect him to rank in Premier League goals compared to this lot?

Soldado: 7 goals from 52 games - 390 minutes per goal
Janssen: 2 goals from 31 games - 433 minutes per goal
Llorente: 2 goals from 36 games - 453 minutes per goal

A lot depends on the style of game we adopt as and when he is playing

Kane for example this season IMO will score less than normal over a 38 game season but will IMO be involved in more goals.

Vinicius may well play games on the left as well as CF and that will have an impact. I prefer to judge on how the team plays as and when he is playing myself as that’s all that matters

[QUOTE="MKSpur, post:
Also I miss that buzz of a new player either being there after signing at HT after signing or making their debut.[/QUOTE]

Just watch the video again. That seems enough for people these days.

Problem with each of the above 3 is that they were all one dimensional in their own ways. Soldado was a poacher but nothing else, Janssen was a backs to the goal hold-up player, and Llorente helpful for changing lightbulbs in high ceiling rooms.

Vinicius looks a lot more varied - mobile, quick, can dribble, decent finisher, tall etc. I'm very hopeful (hopefully not too much!)

Back