• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

If we can get him cheaper then the amount being thrown around by s ome then i hope we do. He has shown enough to be given that chance.

I can see Kane playing deeper like we have seen and the need for a CF on the pitch too
I also think if we signed the tight striker Kane would get more rest
Vinny hasn’t even been here a season yet and will take time to get comfortable here if at all
But a ready made, proven player is much easier to drop in
Jose is wedded to his 4321 and just like when he was at Chelsea he likes a striker that can bring others into the game. Drogba played further up the pitch than Kane has been but the principle is the same. Jose likes a player running on from the point striker, he's just having Kane play inverted, but to play Kane as an actual AM I don't know if I can see Jose ever doing that and he's not gonna sacrifice he's favoured shape for Ings imo.

In that case Ings is a better answer than Vinicius. Would be too expensive though.

Disagree, Ings will be 29 in the summer and has got a lot of injury problems. Vinnie is a couple of years younger and he has scored more goals for us this season then Ings has for Southampton in fewer games mostly as a sub.

I have said all along he isn't the answer for us. Not a beast. Doesn't intimidate defenders like a Drogba or a Costa , doesn't dominate in the air or hold up the ball well enough and isn't fast enough to run in behind. He simply doesn't have the right attributes.

Didn't think he was great tonight first half especially but I do like him. He's done well most times I've seen him and as long as we have Kane, this fella is the best backup we're likely to get for him.

If the fee is reasonable, I'd buy him in a heartbeat.

Didn't think he was great tonight first half especially but I do like him. He's done well most times I've seen him and as long as we have Kane, this fella is the best backup we're likely to get for him.

If the fee is reasonable, I'd buy him in a heartbeat.
He was better second half
Went deeper too
Control is still very bad
How does some things quite well and some things really badly

He was better second half
Went deeper too
Control is still very bad
How does some things quite well and some things really badly
So long as the things he does well is put the ball in the back of the net, which he does,* I think I can live with the rest! :D

*According to BBC stats only Iheanacho currently has a higher conversion rate among scorers with ten or more for PL clubs in all competitions. #Johnny on the spot.

Back