• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

Didn’t seem up for it tonight? I like him though, a run of games would get him up to speed but he’s just he’s not going to get them!

Like most of the team, was just slightly off in 1st half, was strong, held up the ball, had a couple of layoffs that should have been goals

Like most of the team, was just slightly off in 1st half, was strong, held up the ball, had a couple of layoffs that should have been goals
He also had a couple of lay offs that should have been first touches!

HARSH HARSH HARSH ... one game does not define him. He was not as poor as some make it or so quick to write him off. He looked like a player trying very hard and lacking match practice.

I would love to see him play upfront with Harry. He looks like he has good vision and not selfish.

The boy needs time for an almost impossible task.

HARSH HARSH HARSH ... one game does not define him. He was not as poor as some make it or so quick to write him off. He looked like a player trying very hard and lacking match practice.

I would love to see him play upfront with Harry. He looks like he has good vision and not selfish.

He was fine, not his best game but still a decent performance from a backup player setting into a new country.

People should look at how much Toby (extremely experienced/proven player) struggled with that style of play, then apply that to Vinicius

To me the spacegoats all had a decent run yesterday (Bale, Lucas, Lamela, Vinicius, Winks) and if we replayed that game 10 times, it would have been 4-0 at HT almost every other time.

Thought he was poor and very disappointing last night. But it's one bad game. He's been pretty good every other time I've seen him and it can't be easy only getting a chance every other week.

No way we should be writing him off. As poor as he was last night, he's still by far the best second striker we've had over the last few years.

I could not have put it any better myself, we have not seen that much of him yet but what i have seen i have liked. There is a player there for sure.

Didn’t seem up for it tonight? I like him though, a run of games would get him up to speed but he’s just he’s not going to get them!
He's never played in a full strength team. He's only played in a team that never plays together, and yet he's done pretty well imo. Team wasn't functioning when he was on. It only got better when all the 1st XI players came on.

Taking him off yesterday was a mistake. His touch and overall play was poor but he warming into the game and as our better creative and attacking players like Son and Ndombele came on he would have had more chance to get into to the game. I would have given him another 10 minutes to see if he could get it going.

If we don't give him the minutes he will never be able to prove himself or not.

Surely we have learned with Tanguy that players take time to settle
My only concern with him is the agreed fee is disproportionate to what he has done so far
His play has been ranging from average to very good
He has scored and assisted
And he works hard when he is on
And he stays fit
Question is, is he a £40m player...

Taking him off yesterday was a mistake. His touch and overall play was poor but he warming into the game and as our better creative and attacking players like Son and Ndombele came on he would have had more chance to get into to the game. I would have given him another 10 minutes to see if he could get it going.

If we don't give him the minutes he will never be able to prove himself or not.

He had 55 mins. Whether he went off after 55, 60 or 65 mins is splitting hairs. Jose didnt want us to go to extra time given the Liverpool game so needed to take action. I wouldnt sacrifice important games just to keep Vinicius happy

I think he should start the EL games against the Austrians (they'd mid-table in Austria) and potentially also in the Everton game and then maybe more in the cups depending on who we draw

We all want Vinicius to succeed, but he doesnt look like being worth £40m at the moment; question is whether he improves enough and/or whether Levy can negotiate a lower price. Even if we could, based on what we've seen so far, would we pay say £25m for him, or look elsewhere? I'm 50/50 whether I would at the moment, unless there is improvement over the next 4 months

He had 55 mins. Whether he went off after 55, 60 or 65 mins is splitting hairs. Jose didnt want us to go to extra time given the Liverpool game so needed to take action. I wouldnt sacrifice important games just to keep Vinicius happy

I think he should start the EL games against the Austrians (they'd mid-table in Austria) and potentially also in the Everton game and then maybe more in the cups depending on who we draw

We all want Vinicius to succeed, but he doesnt look like being worth £40m at the moment; question is whether he improves enough and/or whether Levy can negotiate a lower price. Even if we could, based on what we've seen so far, would we pay say £25m for him, or look elsewhere? I'm 50/50 whether I would at the moment, unless there is improvement over the next 4 months
I'd pay £25 m for him.

Generally he has done well whenever called upon. Scored goals, which is always a plus (see Soldado).
He knows his place (second fiddle) and comes across as a good lad. For someone potentially still settling he looks like he is enjoying (even honoured) being here.
You have to consider the previous painful process of finding someone to fill this role. If Vini goes back we are back to square one. I don't think we can reasonably expect Parrot or Scarlet to be up to speed by next season.

I think he's passed the test. I like he has an all round game. He's a fair age, for future re-sale value.

We have a good link with Benfica (Mendes), perhaps Lamela, Moura etc could be part of a deal?

I like this guy. I don't see how we're going to get a better backup. He's industrious, quick, got vision, a good touch, can read the game well, sets up other players well, we've seen he can finish. He just needs game time to get a better understanding of his team mates, in my opinion. Perfectly fine as a backup striker.

I'd argue that he was starting to improve in the match and given a little bit more time and we may not have had to bring Kane on at all. It was the introduction of Ndombele that really made the difference, Vinnie didn't get the opportunity to feed off him.

I don't think we are going to get a better backup. We've tried and failed numerous times (Janssen, Llorente and last season; no one) he's expensive I agree but overall I've liked what I've seen. No matter who we get if they never get any real minutes with the first 11 they will find it very difficult to prove themselves.

The manager is going to have to put some time and trust into him to see if he can sink or swim at the level we need. Yesterday was the first poor performance from him.

I'd argue that he was starting to improve in the match and given a little bit more time and we may not have had to bring Kane on at all. It was the introduction of Ndombele that really made the difference, Vinnie didn't get the opportunity to feed off him.

I don't think we are going to get a better backup. We've tried and failed numerous times (Janssen, Llorente and last season; no one) he's expensive I agree but overall I've liked what I've seen. No matter who we get if they never get any real minutes with the first 11 they will find it very difficult to prove themselves.

The manager is going to have to put some time and trust into him to see if he can sink or swim at the level we need. Yesterday was the first poor performance from him.

This without a doubt, i hear fans saying he is not worth 40 million ( and they may be right) but its impossible to judge how much he is worth until we see a lot more of him. As i have said from what little i/we have seen he looks a good player.

This without a doubt, i hear fans saying he is not worth 40 million ( and they may be right) but its impossible to judge how much he is worth until we see a lot more of him. As i have said from what little i/we have seen he looks a good player.
But a £40m player would arguably be knocking on the door more for starts as they would have and IMO take more chances
Don’t forget we talking the same money here that pool will pay for Jota

But a £40m player would arguably be knocking on the door more for starts as they would have and IMO take more chances
Don’t forget we talking the same money here that pool will pay for Jota
I doubt Jota would be getting many minutes here either if his only role was as a direct competitor to Kane. There is just very little incentive for any coach to give the squad guy the minutes they need to integrate fully at Kane's expense.

He's taken every chance he's had until yesterday so that's not a fair criticism of him. He's done what little has been asked of him.

I doubt Jota would be getting many minutes here either if his only role was as a direct competitor to Kane. There is just very little incentive for any coach to give the squad guy the minutes they need to integrate fully at Kane's expense.

He's taken every chance he's had until yesterday so that's not a fair criticism of him. He's done what little has been asked of him.
I have no issue with him, I really don’t
But £40m is the same money as better players
It’s that simple IMO
If it was £20m I’d say fair dues

Come on guys, this is Levy.

a) it would never be a straight £40m, it would be X up front and Y depending on goals and Z depending on appearances spread over the next 5 years

b) Coronavirus has ripped through every team's finances, so we would obviously renegotiate the fee, even if he had been a great success... the seller will be far more desperate for cash and we have shallower funds, so Levy will do a deal of some sort

Back