• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Carlos Vinicius

I find it interesting that they struggle with dialects of their first language. My first language is a Himalayan dialect with roots in Punjabi but I have no issue with Urdu/Hindi/Punjabi at all. Even with English not being my mother tongue I enjoy Frankie Boyle and some Scouse accents fine.

Some grade A humble bragging going on here

I find it interesting that they struggle with dialects of their first language. My first language is a Himalayan dialect with roots in Punjabi but I have no issue with Urdu/Hindi/Punjabi at all. Even with English not being my mother tongue I enjoy Frankie Boyle and some Scouse accents fine.

Kiddan bhaji

He should be alright as he's been at Rio and Benfica for a bit, but Tim Vickery says that Brazilians always have trouble understanding what the Portuguese are saying and visa versa despite speaking the same language.

Bit like speaking with @glasgowspur :D

I have a lot brummie colleagues and English friends in general who struggle to understand me at times. funny thing is they all seem to think they have no accent at all and speak the queen's English, truth is they are just as bad. As are most people I've met.

The main issue is that Brazilian Portuguese has such a different way of pronouncing vowels making words sound twice as long. Imagine saying an English word as Eeengliiish.

Back