• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

CANCELLED ***OMT Tottenham Hotspur v Leyton Orient***

Sucks for Orient. But they won't be the last - it's going to be an interesting season.
Hopefully we won't see cover ups.
I think the result is fair only if all teams are subject to testing - did I not read Hull refused in which case orient are being punished for doing them right thing, voluntarily?

I wish the game against Chelsea had been pushed back a week. It is going to be a tough game and it is a step up in level of opposition in Europe a couple of days later.

We have little choice but to play a second string side.

I suspect cheatski will attempt to take full advantage of that by playing their best possible team.

I think the result is fair only if all teams are subject to testing - did I not read Hull refused in which case orient are being punished for doing them right thing, voluntarily?

they are not being punished for doing the right thing, they are being punished for not taking proper care of their players

that other clubs are not testing is also wrong, should be automatic disqualification if players are not tested

We'll still be able to put out a reasonable team but given they also play on the Saturday, we'll have zero expectation of winning. The Sunday and Thursday games are more important

Biggest issues we'll have are CB and CF. Perhaps at CB we play Toby on Sun and Thurs, Dier on Sun and Tues, Sanchez on Tues and Thurs? Each of them play 2 of the 3 games

Full back, CM and wingers etc we're fine in terms of bodies.

Lack of cover at CF will come back to bite us again

Biggest issues we'll have are CB and CF. Perhaps at CB we play Toby on Sun and Thurs, Dier on Sun and Tues, Sanchez on Tues and Thurs? Each of them play 2 of the 3 games

If we get Milik loan done today or tomorrow perhaps he could start against cheatski

they are not being punished for doing the right thing, they are being punished for not taking proper care of their players

that other clubs are not testing is also wrong, should be automatic disqualification if players are not tested
Had they not tested and the game gone ahead they’d be 150k better off, so to me this is seems unfair that other clubs who may also have Covid infected players got to play their games by virtue of not taking the tests.

Of course it is the EFL at fault in the first place for not making them mandatory. I’m still really surprised it’s not in place for all pro leagues.

Had they not tested and the game gone ahead they’d be 150k better off, so to me this is seems unfair that other clubs who may also have Covid infected players got to play their games by virtue of not taking the tests.

Of course it is the EFL at fault in the first place for not making them mandatory. I’m still really surprised it’s not in place for all pro leagues.

yes it's unfair, but its the actions of other clubs that need to change, not Orients

Will be interesting if Barnsley’s refusal of cheatski’s offer on testing will result in cheatski players getting the virus.

I guess we will find out on this in the coming days....

I'm surprised Chelsea agreed to play without testing

if they lose players for a period of time, that can be traced back to contact in that game, can they take legal action against Barnsley?

yes it's unfair, but its the actions of other clubs that need to change, not Orients
Or the rules. What has happened to them is a deterrent for testing and it seems from other matches the prem teams can’t insist only request.
Could be an issue for FA cup as lower teams not needing to test may not want to jeopardise their league matches by taking one just for the cup match. Not the right ethical approach but that’s why I’d like to have seen some thought into the impact on Orient whist the rules are still a little open to exploitation.

If they refused they should be banned from football and made an example of.
That's irresponsible.
Why Hull City refused West Ham’s offer of Covid-19 test - and would do so again | Yorkshire Post
Wednesday, 23rd September 2020, 6:01 pm
“If someone developed symptoms then that’s a different stance, that person wouldn’t be coming in and we would pick that up from the checks that we do. If we feel it’s appropriate to test our team then we will test them, and that’s following guidance from the EFL and Public Health England.”

Asked if the positive results by three members of the opposition team would prompt Hull to conduct tests on their own players before their next game, Banerjee said it would not.

He explained: “West Ham have found out about their positive tests at around 6ish. It’s not an ideal scenario, they should have had their results back prior to that, but once they’ve found out, these three people have been isolated, then ushered out of the stadium and sent home.

“Anyone they have been deemed to have been in close proximity with, ie within one metre for more than 15 minutes, is classed as a close contact.

“There’s no one else in their playing squad, or their backroom staff, that they have assured us of, who has been in close proximity with these people.

“We’ve then sought advice from the EFL chief medical superviser, and we’re happy on both sides that we’ve mitigated the risk. If the people who have tested positive for Covid have been immediately isolated and we’ve been ushered into the stadium and maintained social distance then we have not been in close contact to these people.

“So playing the game was safe, and moving forwards that’s no different to the next game.

“Will we be conducting tests before the next game? No, because we have taken the appropriate measures. If, in the next day, week, people develop symptoms from our rigid checks, we will go through a thorough history and get them isolated and tested. We are confident in the protocols we have in place.”

It is understood the EFL is reviewing their stance on testing.

I thought Toby was carrying an injury last night and dont expect to see him for a week or two.

FIFA and UEFA have fecked up here - all leagues should have been concentrating on catching up till the Feb international window, which means removing the Pre-season/Oct/Nov windows - they are all pointless Nation League games.

I believe the only important games are the Euro play offs, given there will be no fans there is no reason why these couldn't have been pushed back as it doesn't really cause much issue- even if there is fans there are plenty of work arounds.

Back