• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Cameron Carter Vickers

Probably doesn't mean much but I hung around at the end of the Palace game and watched the players warm down. Hardly a competitive environment but it was clear to me that his ball control and passing technique were a cut above the rest of the subs that day who were Mason, Onomah, Carroll, McGee and Davies (Alli did separate strength and training work on his own). Definitely has a lot of potential.

Based on that little passing drill they did I have drawn the conclusion that he is probably already better than Pique and I expect we'll be seeing a new world record transfer for him next summer

Wimmer is 4-5 years older than 2CV and an international. That should be ok. It's hardly like chucking Campbell in next to Nethercott.

Actually the hustle and bustle of a League One side might be a less comfortable step for him than a more cultured lesser EPL or lesser european side.

Just trying to make the point that if the type of teams I've seen proposed on the site ie:

Vorm
Trippier, CCV, Wimmer, Davies
GKN, Onamah, Winks, Wanyama, Lamela/Eriksen
Janssen

only 2 or 3 would be in our normal starting XI, it's a big ask for them all, a lot of people are arrogant about our opponents ability and think any team should win easily, it's not always the case.

He looked comfortable with everything tonight. Which for a 18 year old is impressive at CB! Okay he wasn't tested much, but what he did do, he did well. Passing, ball control at his fee, heading, physical strength all excellent.

Wimmer should be 3rd choice still for me. Just has that much more competitive game experience. A loan might work well for CCV if we don't progress in the EFL, though he probably should play in the FA cup rounds too.

He had nothing to do. Showed good body strength a couple of times, but other than that there wasn't much to judge him on.

Didn't do anything wrong tonight; I know its Liverpool away in the next game but I'd still play him and Wimmer at CB for that game, but with Wanyama and WInks in front of them to give them some cover

His contract expires in 2018 so I would anticipate that he will be offered a new contract sometime this season, probably until 2021

He had nothing to do. Showed good body strength a couple of times, but other than that there wasn't much to judge him on.

True, last nights game was not something to gauge his potential, Gillingham were so poor offensively lacking both pace and ability. I do hope he can progress with us.

He looked comfortable with everything tonight. Which for a 18 year old is impressive at CB! Okay he wasn't tested much, but what he did do, he did well. Passing, ball control at his fee, heading, physical strength all excellent.

Wimmer should be 3rd choice still for me. Just has that much more competitive game experience. A loan might work well for CCV if we don't progress in the EFL, though he probably should play in the FA cup rounds too.

Doesn't seem to be the way we're doing things at the moment with our highest rated young players. I'm sure we could easily have gotten loan deals for CCV, Winks, Edwards and Onomah this summer to the Championship (and possibly PL for some of them). Pochettino seems to prioritize having these players at our superior training ground, being coached by our superior coaches overseen by our superior head coach day in day out, week in week out over getting the once a week match day experience at a smaller club. Seems to be working out too.

Wimmer might be 3rd choice again when now getting closer to match fitness.

Doesn't seem to be the way we're doing things at the moment with our highest rated young players. I'm sure we could easily have gotten loan deals for CCV, Winks, Edwards and Onomah this summer to the Championship (and possibly PL for some of them). Pochettino seems to prioritize having these players at our superior training ground, being coached by our superior coaches overseen by our superior head coach day in day out, week in week out over getting the once a week match day experience at a smaller club. Seems to be working out too.

Wimmer might be 3rd choice again when now getting closer to match fitness.

At the moment it makes sense they are with us. If we don't get past Pool however, then CCV needs games. Needs to feel the anger and pressure of real games. To think Wednesday was his first real senior game ever. You need 20 or 50 of them to bed in, surely?

Last edited:
At the moment it makes sense they are with us. If we don't past Pool however, then CCV needs games. Needs to feel the anger and pressure of real games. To think Wednesday was his first real senior game ever. You need 20 or 50 of them to bed in, surely?

He's only 18, and getting his first real senior game as a CB at 18 is hardly behind the curve.

Same logic you're stating would have applied to Onomah and Winks last season, but we kept them around. What I'm saying is that Pochettino is taking a different approach to this than some coaches and managers at other clubs are. And that's fine.

20-50 games to bed in to first team football out on loan is one way to do things. It's not the only way though...

A very nice game as a senior debut....he had so much time on the ball that he could afford a couple of touches to compose himself each time he got it.

Seemed very strong on the ball, but did let the ball bounce a few too many times for my liking

Overall I like what I saw

He's only 18, and getting his first real senior game as a CB at 18 is hardly behind the curve.

Same logic you're stating would have applied to Onomah and Winks last season, but we kept them around. What I'm saying is that Pochettino is taking a different approach to this than some coaches and managers at other clubs are. And that's fine.

20-50 games to bed in to first team football out on loan is one way to do things. It's not the only way though...

Would say the same applies to Onomah. Both have the ingredients, but need games to sharpen up in a match environment. Full respect to Poch for bringing them on in-house, learning how to play his way, but at some point you need regular games to develop and prove yourself.

Would say the same applies to Onomah. Both have the ingredients, but need games to sharpen up in a match environment. Full respect to Poch for bringing them on in-house, learning how to play his way, but at some point you need regular games to develop and prove yourself.

And those games can come at Tottenham, at least for some players. At least that seems to be Pochettino's thinking on the issue.

read something which said Pochettino doesn't want players picking up poor habits from other clubs and prefers to coach them himself (or his coaching team) i imagine that's even more important in the players development stage

I would agree that you can aid development in a number of ways and keeping them around with the feel good factor and camaraderie to me is a good thing. Having said that, I think depending on how this half of the season goes with the league cup and Europe, I would maybe like to see perhaps Onomah and CCV have a Jan loan till the end of the season to change it up and give them a different perspective. Totally agree though that a long lengthy loan isn't always the right way to go.

Back