• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Callum McManaman

clevelandspur

Pascal Chimbonda
Really been impressed with him the last few months. I think he would be an upgrade on Lennon, surely Wigan maybe looking to cash in?

James McCarthy is a nice little player as well though not sure what we need?

Ankle injury, out for three months. So June, July, August. Well about the 20th of August.

I think this alone will mean he'll be at Wigan next season.

Last edited:
I know he usually plays as part of a front 3, but it concerns me how much he hugs the touchline, rather than getting involved centrally.

I guess moving him to the left hand side might remedy this?

I know he usually plays as part of a front 3, but it concerns me how much he hugs the touchline, rather than getting involved centrally.

I guess moving him to the left hand side might remedy this?

I think that's exactly what we need no? Often times this year we have too much traffic in the middle of the park. I think Lennon has had a very average year but even though he hasn't made a difference in most matches we look better when he plays because he gives us width

Really been impressed with him the last few months. I think he would be an upgrade on Lennon, surely Wigan maybe looking to cash in?

James McCarthy is a nice little player as well though not sure what we need?

why would they look to cash in? Surely they'd keep him to try to get back up first time

But is he better than Townsend? No need to splurge on a winger when we have one doing quite well in the league. Not to mention Ceballos who is IMO a season long loan away from being in our first team.

He has shown promise but to suggest that he'd be an upgrade on Lennon after a good Cup Final appearance is taking it a bit too far.

But is he better than Townsend? No need to splurge on a winger when we have one doing quite well in the league. Not to mention Ceballos who is IMO a season long loan away from being in our first team.

Agree with the that; my only concern is that AVB hasn't seemed to be overly keen on using young players in his first year at Spurs

I would, but if he is prepared to sit on the bench or go out on loan. Reminds me of a young Keane - good positioning and timing, and has an innate need to tease the opposition incessantly

I'm with you on this. He's not the destroyer some have labelled him as, more a box to box type with a good eye for a goal as well. He does however drift out of games and ball watch too much which will keep his price down. He needs to impose himself on the game rather than react to it. Hmm..sounds like I am talking about Jenas now that I think about it.

McCarthy is a good player but not worth 15m and I don't really think what we need

Re: McManaman calling him an upgrade on Lennon is going too far I admit but I think he does have potential to be better.

Back