• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buy the dip.

Definitely, I bought some Cineworld shares a few weeks back but read they're the most shorted stock in the UK now. Bubble will surely burst soon enough.

Longer term they had issues anyway with a trend of people watching films at home rather than cinemas. But they should still recover next year.

Sitting on my porcelain throne using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

Dam just as I typed that they fell 10% - I'm hoping people will be pretty keen to get out and do leisure activities next year.
People might, but I'm hearing that most of the studios are looking at simultaneous streaming and cinema releases for at least Q1 next year, possibly Q2.

I'm certainly not buying any cinema stock right now. Might buy into some of the streaming services though.

As @scaramanga said, i'd stay clear of buying cinema stocks. If you have invested already, then if you can afford to hold long term, you may as well, but i think cinema stocks are a no.

Do most people buy UK stocks or are people investing in US market too?

As @scaramanga said, i'd stay clear of buying cinema stocks. If you have invested already, then if you can afford to hold long term, you may as well, but i think cinema stocks are a no.

The more I invest the more I realise how little I actually know, just UK at the moment but I have got some of the US Vanguard funds which are doing pretty well.

The more I invest the more I realise how little I actually know, just UK at the moment but I have got some of the US Vanguard funds which are doing pretty well.

For you and anyone else investing in US Shares make sure you complete a W8BEN form otherwise you get hit by US Tax authority an extra 24% i think it is as a foreign national holding US stocks.

Most of my (my kids') money is in global funds. I just pick the odd stock now and then, like pharma at the beginning of the pandemic.

For you and anyone else investing in US Shares make sure you complete a W8BEN form otherwise you get hit by US Tax authority an extra 24% i think it is as a foreign national holding US stocks.

Sounds like another reason to avoid US stocks, with this and exchange rates then unless you're putting a lot of money in it's difficult to see much benefit.

I'll stick with Vanguard long term and have the odd dabble now and again.

People might, but I'm hearing that most of the studios are looking at simultaneous streaming and cinema releases for at least Q1 next year, possibly Q2.

I'm certainly not buying any cinema stock right now. Might buy into some of the streaming services though.
I had a small interest (1.5k) in Peloton back in April, im twitching on cashing in as its 10% off its peak now BUT is this now something fast track engrained in peoples life?

Is it even possible to buy without completing one? H&L wont let you trade US unless you have.

Not to the commoners, unless you bought before opening you'd actually have lost money. Actually closed down from the opening price.

Has to be the worst possible timing for an IPO of a travel and leisure company! Not sure why they didn't bide their time. Probably would have seen twice the return.

couldn't buy into the IPO through HL as i understand and i have stock restrictions due to work so i left AirBnB, knew i should have bought some.

though again, the market economics are nonsensical just like Tesla. AirBnB valued higher than Marriott for example is quite mind blowing, the markets are becoming more and more nonsensical. Seriously, don't get me started on Tesla.

Is E-Torro really free for stock trading ??
Just seen an advert for it, if is free how do they make any cash ??

Back