• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Buy the dip.

Aston Martin shares could do well if their SUV is a hit. It seemed to have been well received. But they are late to the SUV party, it's expensive, and they launched just as covid hit.

The kind of cars Aston traditionally sell have a limited market - the UK, US, Australia, Germany, and a couple of other places. SUVs on the other hand can be sold more readily to the Chinese, and interest a wider range of people in the US etc etc. So if it sells, Aston should do well.

Last edited:
Aston share could do well if their SUV is a hit. It seemed to have been well received. But they are late to that party, it's expensive, and they launched just as covid hit.

The kind of cars Aston traditionally sell have a limited market - the UK, US, Australia, Germany, and a couple of other places. SUVs on the other hand can be sold more readily to the Chinese, and interest a wider range of people in the US etc etc. So if it sells, Aston should do well.
It's a great car and should sell well.

Now that the Rapide is only available in AMR format it's the only option for people with a family that want an Aston as a daily drive.

It's a great car and should sell well.

Now that the Rapide is only available in AMR format it's the only option for people with a family that want an Aston as a daily drive.

I think I'd probably go for a Range Rover Sport over the Aston SUV. Cleaner lines, and less money. Not that I'd get an SUV while living in London.

I think I'd probably go for a Range Rover Sport over the Aston SUV. Cleaner lines, and less money. Not that I'd get an SUV while living in London.
Do you work in scrap?

The RR may be more practical but cars are a lot more than that - otherwise we'd all just drive Kias

Do you work in scrap?

The RR may be more practical but cars are a lot more than that - otherwise we'd all just drive Kias

The Aston is £158,000 list price (without options). The Range has all those years of development and there is something distinct about them. My friend's boss was given a free one which we had the run off. Like driving a massive armchair!

They also have plenty of little extras - min fridge, three-pin plug sockets, adjustable air suspension when you need a viewing platform! - and are genuine off-roaders (like anyone uses them offroad!). Tbh the most important thing for me is how it looks. I'm not massively into the Astons lines. Sure it's luxurious inside, but outside, I prefer the clean lines and distinctiveness of a Range Rover. I'd never get an SUV, but if I did it would have to be a range and they're half the price of the DBX!

Lots of competition for Aston - the Lamborgini Urus which to me looks more special, the Alfa which drives well, Audi, BMW etc. all accomplished SUVs, not to mention the SUV-like electric cars such as the Polstar or iPace.

Last edited:
The Aston is £158,000 list price (without options). The Range has all those years of development and there is something distinct about them. My friend's boss was given a free one which we had the run off. Like driving a massive armchair!

They also have plenty of little extras - min fridge, three-pin plug sockets, adjustable air suspension when you need a viewing platform! - and are genuine off-roaders (like anyone uses them offroad!). Tbh the most important thing for me is how it looks. I'm not massively into the Astons lines. Sure it's luxurious inside, but outside, I prefer the clean lines and distinctiveness of a Range Rover. I'd never get an SUV, but if I did it would have to be a range and they're half the price of the DBX!

Lots of competition for Aston - the Lamborgini Urus which to me looks more special, the Alfa which drives well, Audi, BMW etc. all accomplished SUVs, not to mention the SUV-like electric cars such as the Polstar or iPace.
The only one that can come even close to any Aston in that list is the Urus - and like the RR it's a car for yobs that want to be seen.

The only one that can come even close to any Aston in that list is the Urus - and like the RR it's a car for yobs that want to be seen.

I take your point. The DBX is a mighty impressive car. It is gorgeous on the inside, and it drives well. The big 'but...' for me is that it looks like a jacked-up Vantage, which it just about carries from the front and side profile, but looks naff at the back. To me it looks no better on the outside than some £50k SUVs. The iPace and others look more uniform, less of a hatchet job. If it was priced around 120k I think it would do very well. At close to 200k with a few options, just don't see it selling huge numbers. With all the optional extras added you can get a Range Rover - which looks better and has that commanding driving position - for less than half the price!

The Bently SUV, the Audi one Q8 is it? the Porsche SUV - they all use the same underlying platform as the Urus. Clever VW. Must be making a mint from that lot.

Last edited:
I take your point. The DBX is a mighty impressive car. It is gorgeous on the inside, and it drives well. The big 'but...' for me is that it looks like a jacked-up Vantage, which it just about carries from the front and side profile, but looks naff at the back. To me it looks no better on the outside than some £50k SUVs. The iPace and others look more uniform, less of a hatchet job. If it was priced around 120k I think it would do very well. At close to 200k with a few options, just don't see it selling huge numbers. With all the optional extras added you can get a Range Rover - which looks better and has that commanding driving position - for less than half the price!

The Bently SUV, the Audi one Q8 is it? the Porsche SUV - they all use the same underlying platform as the Urus. Clever VW. Must be making a mint from that lot.
If it were priced at £120k it would undercut all of their other cars.

The Rapide started at £180k, and didn't sell but did at £150k - and that was in 2010. Allowing for inflation and the fact that SUVs are always more expensive than their equivalent saloons and coupes, I think that's good value.

I imagine the people buying it are the type that if they want to could also afford a Range Rover as well, I'd prefer a Cayenne myself.

So what's people's plan for the last couple of months of a mad 2020.

Europe heading for more lockdowns a chance to buy the dip again?

I use freetrade for my investing very happy with the service they provide. My crypto has done ok this year but seeing as it seems to be linked to the stock market and I expect that to crash now might be a good time to get out and buy in cheaper.

So I downloaded free trade but you can't buy any UK stocks on it? Any similar apps that do UK stocks about?

Back