• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Business spiel

Well if you want to open this can of worms;

It should be either 1) I'm presuming you're not working ........... , or alternatively 2) Presumably you're not working ....

Touche! It does change the meaning of the sentence in the way I put it. I'd also say it could sound a bit more natural in present simple, ie I presume you don't work in.........

My place of work uses "overarching" a lot. Ggrrrr.

There are also a select few "colleagues" that regularly say "minutiae". Some people just find that trivial though.

sounds good to me and saying to be honest 6 times within 2 minutes in a conversation are currently irritating me with "backstory" coming up close behind.Yes i work in an office and have to hear these banal utterings every day.

Business spiel
Jessica Biel
Like licking the ribs on
A jellied eel

With respect, I think you lot need to get a new job or tell your colleagues to stop it.

Not a businessman myself, but when did the phrase 'Not fit for purpose' start getting thrown around? I swear, some taco politician said it first and then it made its way into 'Management for Dummies' or something.

Touche! It does change the meaning of the sentence in the way I put it. I'd also say it could sound a bit more natural in present simple, ie I presume you don't work in.........

So the fact he used 'Your' really threw you did it? Competely unreadable and changed the sentence? That is the real concern you should have

So the fact he used 'Your' really threw you did it? Competely unreadable and changed the sentence? That is the real concern you should have

Ermm.....No i meant the way I had wrote my sentence (incorrectly) changed the meaning ie Presuming you etc etc rather than I'm presuming and I was appreciative of someone correcting me. I'm not sure quite how you've managed to misunderstand what's happened here.

I was just being pedantic with the gentleman who wrote your rather than you're, I was able to understand the meaning but made a joke. Does that make it a bit clearer for you?

It's the curse of middle management.

Language like that doesn't get used between people who work together often and it doesn't get used in the boardroom.

Only ever by those who wish they were in the boardroom.

Back