• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bryan Gil

He looks very lightweight, be interesting to see how he gets on in the PL. Also expected us to secure at least one CB before spending £20m+ on a winger

Anyway, happy to see some deals getting nearer

I get the lightweight bit, though I thikn the PL is a bit beyond that now. 20-30 years ago definitely, but even then players like Juninho succeeded

This signing, assuming its true, does suggest that either we have more cash available than has been reported (bluffing game? naming rights? Kane leaving?!?) or we're pretty confident about shipping some of the deadwood out. Or perhaps we'll get these deals to the point of signature and then only complete them when we're confident about exits...though that obviously entails risk that others come in for the players

Having just watched his YouTube video I thought the same, but the way he coasts past people on the outside makes me wonder if he’s possibly going to be used on the right?

Or just more of an impact sub than we have at the moment

I get the lightweight bit, though I thikn the PL is a bit beyond that now. 20-30 years ago definitely, but even then players like Juninho succeeded

This signing, assuming its true, does suggest that either we have more cash available than has been reported (bluffing game? naming rights? Kane leaving?!?) or we're pretty confident about shipping some of the deadwood out. Or perhaps we'll get these deals to the point of signature and then only complete them when we're confident about exits...though that obviously entails risk that others come in for the players

Lamela is part exchange on this deal, so brings the cost down
Sanchez looks like he will be part of the CB deal
Tomiyasu is pretty much a swap for Foyth
Keeper from Atalanta is a loan deal

We seemingly are close to announcing a training kit deal (maybe plus training ground ala Pool)
the club borrowed some money extra when paying off government loan
All these deals will probably include some kind of pay over time
Rose and Bale off wages
CCV has offers supposedly
Some talks about Sissoko as well

Right now it looks like we are balancing it well, perhaps taking a little risk but by end of window may cover most.

Lamela is part exchange on this deal, so brings the cost down
Sanchez looks like he will be part of the CB deal
Tomiyasu is pretty much a swap for Foyth
Keeper from Atalanta is a loan deal

We seemingly are close to announcing a training kit deal (maybe plus training ground ala Pool)
the club borrowed some money extra when paying off government loan
All these deals will probably include some kind of pay over time
Rose and Bale off wages
CCV has offers supposedly
Some talks about Sissoko as well

Right now it looks like we are balancing it well, perhaps taking a little risk but by end of window may cover most.

That would be a decent start to the overhaul

The guy has excellent close control, dribbling and technical ability, but only uses his left peg. And no rabonas. #willnevermakeit
Just what I was thinking. Apart from the goal at 3:10 (which looks scuffed anyway) and a few 3-yard passes, I don't think he made any significant touches with his right foot in that entire video. Great dribbling, change of direction, and so on, but he's going to have to come up with another trick if he's going to make it in the Prem.

Last edited:
Seeing some people on Twitter who knows this Gil fella saying he's basically Spain's Jack Graelish. Hmmm.

The guy has excellent close control, dribbling and technical ability, but only uses his left peg. And no rabonas. #willnevermakeit
I noticed him using his right foot as well to dribble sometimes in the highlights reel. He also took some shots with his right foot. Looks like a 'normal' player that favours one foot but will use the other as opposed to a completely one footed player like Lamela.

I noticed him using his right foot as well to dribble sometimes in the highlights reel. He also took some shots with his right foot. Looks like a 'normal' player that favours one foot but will use the other as opposed to a completely one footed player like Lamela.
I don’t think I’ve seen a more one-footed player than Lamela in my whole life. At first it was charming, but now? It’s frustrates the hell out of me and think it significantly hampers us whenever he plays. Probably some confirmation bias in there, but still…

Back