• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bruno Fernandes

But surely better to turn him into a fringe player for a year (understudying Lo Celso and Alli) than have him strengthen a direct rival?

A year getting very rusty will mean the only option he has next summer will be going back to Ajax.

Tbh I think that like at RM Eriksen would struggle at utd. The turmoil will not suit him.
The initial line from Eriksen camp was barca, that would be an ideal environment for him.
They don't seem interested so it changed to RM, I've always said I think that's a bad move for him.

Tbh I think that like at RM Eriksen would struggle at utd. The turmoil will not suit him.
The initial line from Eriksen camp was barca, that would be an ideal environment for him.
They don't seem interested so it changed to RM, I've always said I think that's a bad move for him.

Real is pretty much a bad move for anyone long term. I agree though, Barca would be a much better fit for Eriksen.

Not saying he is good or not as I have seen nothing but highlights.

But as to your point. What age was he in Italy? What kind of playing time did he get there?
He went out there as a 19 year old and average 4 goals a season, when he returned to Portugal he scored 30 something last season. He's older and more streetwise tan when in Italy.

He went out there as a 19 year old and average 4 goals a season, when he returned to Portugal he scored 30 something last season. He's older and more streetwise tan when in Italy.

So similar to Lo Celso at PSG in much worse teams.

Again not saying that he is better than Lo Celso or not.... I don't have fudging clue.

Just commenting on GB trying to use his time in Italy as proof of why he is no good.

Again not saying that he is better than Lo Celso or not.... I don't have fudging clue.

Just commenting on GB trying to use his time in Italy as proof of why he is no good.

Different players. I can see Lo Celso regardless and Fernandes if Eriksen goes.

I dont think its about a 10, or Alli or anything like that.

I think its about options, and depth.

Neither of which can be a bad thing, especially when it winds up with someone like Alli/Fernandes as an option to change things.

All summer Ive wanted attacking reinforcement, so Fernandes would tick a big box for me.

Player’s agent has met club this morning – Wants transfer – Tottenham efforts continue
By Lucas Sposito -

2nd August 2019

It’s not surprising at all that all the Portuguese newspapers have big stories about Tottenham Hotspur’s attempt to sign Bruno Fernandes from Sporting today.

This morning, we’ve already covered a story from Record which had some details about who the Spurs sent to Lisbon to negotiate for the midfielder.

But what happens now? Well, there are a few different versions about that. The first of them comes from O Jogo in their paper edition, saying Spurs would meet Sporting this morning, then return to England in the afternoon.

However, O Jogo later released an update on their website. They say it was Fernandes’ agent Miguel Pinho who met Sporting to inform them of the player’s wish to leave, and that would have some weight in the talks. This chat happened at the Alcochete training centre.

A Bola says Tottenham would like to have a new meeting today, so perhaps there could be more developments in the next few hours.

Newspaper Correio da Manhã claims that after the failed negotiations, Sporting contacted Jorge Mendes asking him to help them make the sale. That version is confirmed by A Bola, who says the super agent couldn’t attend yesterday’s meeting.

Since Jorge Mendes has been contacted to make things happen, it shows Sporting are not fighting to keep Bruno.

They just want him to go for the right price.

Manchester United are still thought to be in the picture.

Increasing talk of a Dybala/Lukaku swap this afternoon - I would assume if they did that then Fernandes wouldnt still be on their radar?

Not saying he is good or not as I have seen nothing but highlights.

But as to your point. What age was he in Italy? What kind of playing time did he get there?

4 plodding seasons at Udinese and Sampdoria. Age 19-22. 130 appearances

Pacy attacking players also tend to have an early-start early-finish trajectory to their careers compared to other positions (see Lennon and Bale being washed up before 30).

Pacy attacking players also tend to have an early-start early-finish trajectory to their careers compared to other positions (see Lennon and Bale being washed up before 30).

You know that's not the type of player he is though right?

Reactions: DTA

The difference is that Celso wasn't great in a poor league, then excelled in the strongest league in the world; whereas Fernandes struggled in an elite league, the bullied a backwater league. And Celso is younger

Good job he isnt a pacy attacking player then

The difference is that Celso wasn't great in a poor league, then excelled in the strongest league in the world; whereas Fernandes struggled in an elite league, the bullied a backwater league. And Celso is younger

Or Le Celso has gone back to a league as slightly older and experienced player where they speak his language and has a similar environment and excelled

And Fernandes has left Italy after not being a success. Gone back to an environment he knew and been a success

Man Utd target Bruno Fernandes leaves training ground after meeting to 'finalise transfer'
Bruno Fernandes is reportedly nearing a transfer exit from Sporting Lisbon to join Man Utd or Tottenham

Bruno Fernandes has left Sporting Lisbon's training ground after a meeting to finalise his transfer exit.

According to Record , Fernandes and his agent, Miguel Pinho, met with club president Federico Varandas and sporting director Hugo Viana on Friday morning.

Free-scoring midfielder Fernandes is wanted by Manchester United and Tottenham , with the latter sending representatives to Portugal to discuss a deal on Thursday.

He was filmed by CMTV leaving the training ground after a meeting which is believed to have been to confirm details of his departure - although where he will head is not yet known.

Reports in Portugal claim Tottenham are now the front-runners to land Fernandes having turned their attentions to the Manchester United target after reaching a deadlock in their talks for Giovani Lo Celso.

However, their initial proposal of €60m (£55m) was rejected as the club demand €70m (£64m) to sell their captain.

The Portuguese club are believed to be confident Tottenham will give in to their demands, although Manchester United could still swoop now they have completed a deal to sign centre-back Harry Maguire.

Fernandes was expected to play his final game for Sporting in the Super Cup against Benfica on Sunday.

He left their previous pre-season game in tears at the prospect of playing his last home game for the club.

But Sporting's manager, Marcel Keizer, has now admitted he is uncertain whether he will appear on at the weekend as he nears a move to the Premier League.

"I can not promise anything," Keizer said when asked if he can guarantee Fernandes will play at the weekend.

"I believe he will play, but we can never be 100% right. It is not me who decide this at Sporting.

"This is football, the window is open and when the window is open it is never very good to the coaches. "

https://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/football/transfer-news/man-utd-spurs-target-bruno-18818481

Comparing Fernandes to Lennon and Bale is like saying Eriksen is no Tony Galvin.

Back