• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Breel Embolo

Well he seems to fit the mould of the kind of player we are trying to sign. Fast with finishing ability and can play central or wide. Never seen him play but FC Basle are a well drilled side and always go well in the Europa league.

I really rate this guy, going all the way back to last year. In addition to his athletic ability, he seems very poised and mature for a kid his age. Come on Daniel, he's under 25 and under £15 mil. No brainer!:)

It was a Mirror story, which the Metro and Express have both jumped on. His highlights vid make him look like the best option out of N'jie, Berahino and himself.

Edit: There is a 12 minute video of his goals + assists from last year where he looks really good. Fast, strong and can finish from all areas of the pitch.

My favourite bit is probably at the 2 minute mark.

Where are Chelseа sending him on loan, then? This has the hallmarks of a link created by the media, just so they can talk later about how we failed to pull off the deal.

From 5th July:

JJetset on Embolo:
he isnt a target currently
our target is better than that
not mitrovic either!
Lot of pace !

That was posted just after Martial had signed a new contract, so not sure who our target could have been. N'Jie? I think Berahino was still being poo poo'ed at the time.

.... like some sources don't even know it's Basel.

Been there, got the T shirts. Fasnacht is great, Morgenstreich is brilliant (if early)

Not meaning to be picky but Switzerland have both French and German as their national languages so Basle or Basel is correct, you just see Basel more because the local dialect is Allemanic German. ;)

Not meaning to be picky but Switzerland have both French and German as their national languages so Basle or Basel is correct. ;)

Pick all you like, but the club is Basel, the city is Basel. Only Johnny Frog would have it otherwise.

In the part of the country I live it's Basle! But the local Baselians(!) would call it Basel, yes!

This guy is very good apparently, I don't really follow Swiss football other than seeing the results in the paper, but I asked a local about him today and he said that he is amazing, but it's too early for him to leave Basel.

In the part of the country I live it's Basle! But the local Baselians(!) would call it Basel, yes!

This guy is very good apparently, I don't really follow Swiss football other than seeing the results in the paper, but I asked a local about him today and he said that he is amazing, but it's too early for him to leave Basel.

That means it's now we have to get in there.

I mentioned this guy in the General Transfer Rumour thread a month or so ago. We were linked with him back then and, after watching the obligatory youtube compilation, I genuinely was impressed. Especially strength and speed - two qualities that are innate and therefore can't be made, by a video compilation, to look better than they actually are. He also seems to play with his head up and is as happy making an assist as scoring a goal. So he could work very well in the wide forward role for us.

Of all the young forwards we've been linked with this summer, Embolo is the one I'd most like us to get. I think he'll go far in the game. And now is the time to get him.

Back