• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Brede Hangeland

Status
Not open for further replies.

Danishfurniturelover

the prettiest spice girl
On a free this summer, ball playing centre back, used to our league. I hope this is the last season for gallas but if we are looking for a cheap back up type player then we could do worse then look at him, always thought he was solid.

A defence of
Kaboul, verts
Dawson, Caulker
and then Hangeland as the back up experince player would be alright.

ok ladies your not a fan, just thinking if we needed an older experinced head who was not expected to play much he would be alright as he is on a free.

On a free this summer, ball playing centre back, used to our league. I hope this is the last season for gallas but if we are looking for a cheap back up type player then we could do worse then look at him, always thought he was solid.

A defence of
Kaboul, verts
Dawson, Caulker

Atleast Gallas has experience of winning trophies. Hangeland has no such experience.

A defence of
Kaboul, verts
Dawson, Caulker

Good defender but he's as much a ball playing central defender as Dawson.

Why do we need him?

Gallas, Daws, Caulker, Verts and Kaboom to come back.

Sufficient.

I meant for next year when gallas retires, he could take his place as the older experinced head, do not think he should be a first team regular but with so many games these days and with the possability of injuries good to have an older experinced player in the back ground.

I meant for next year when gallas retires, he could take his place as the older experinced head, do not think he should be a first team regular but with so many games these days and with the possability of injuries good to have an older experinced player in the back ground.

I agree, I'd like him as a back up but, would he want to be a back up? Always liked him as a player, bit on the slow side but, so is gallas and Hangeland has good defensive ability and certainly isn't a clogger. (not that Gallas is)

as 5th CB and replacment to Gallas why not? sometimes an old head at the end of matches can have a huge effect tactical effect.

Hangeland can't play with a high defensive line, looks like a clown if challenged on the ground with space behind him.
Just think back to Ashley Young's goal against Norway last summer, horrible defending.
Hangeland is perhaps the best defender in the world for a defensive team that sit back and force opponent to hit high balls,
that's not useful for us though.

A defence of
Kaboul, verts
Dawson, Caulker

Are you taking the tinkle? Have you actually watched him play this season? He has been complete and utter gash

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back