• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Booking a holiday

philspursuk

Sean Davis
Im trying to book a holiday which is turning into a bit of a nightmare. I'm using www.teletextholidays.co.uk and www.haystravel.co.uk ( as we travelled with them 2 years ago) Anyone know of any other hidden gems ? Have also tried first choice, Thomas Cook, Thomson and travel supermarket.

We're after an all inclusive jobbie from Turkey to canaries and everything in between.

Do it yourself - Easyjet / ryanair flights + Booking.com is my recent avenue into booking a holiday

Lowcostholidays.com look interesting.

Let us know how it goes....;)

used these before, and would recommend but also try easyjet holidays, huge choices of all inclusive deals especially and great value, just booked 2 weeks all inclusiv on the algarve for 2 adults and 2 kids, 4* for less than 3 grand in the school holidays

You looked with the airines?

I managed to get 8 days all inclusive 5* in Mauritius in September including flights with BA for ?ú943 including airport transfer.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'd be very wary about booking anything that involves flying with Thomas Cook.

Personal opinion only etc etc, but I'm not sure they will make it through the summer.

I probably shouldn't say this, but I'd be very wary about booking anything that involves flying with Thomas Cook.

Personal opinion only etc etc, but I'm not sure they will make it through the summer.

maybe they shouldnt have paid Jamie so much

Thread revival here as not sure if worthy of starting a new thread. Looking to go to Prague, for a week in Easter, me and one other, a twin room would be ideal, have no idea where to start getting this kind of thing started off. Anyone here been there? recommendation of places to go and all that?

ah right cheers man, the hotel site is a good start. Could definitely do with some kind of crash course in holiday planning as everything I've been on has either been organised by someone else or was very easy...

It's easy mate, use google to figure out the best mode of transport from the airport to the city. If it's taxi (will be for Prague) then know about how much you should be paying.

As far as hotels are concerned, find which ones are in your price range and then cross reference off of Trip Advisor to see what the comments are like and then the places own website to see their gallery and get an idea of what the rooms/facilities are like (the quality of the website will often give you an idea of how up to date the hotel is as well).

And then look at places like this to figure out a few choice places that you might like to go, that way you're not just wandering for the entire holiday:

http://www.worldsbestbars.com/czech-republic/prague
http://www.timeout.com/prague/
http://www.tripadvisor.co.uk/Restaurants-g274707-Prague_Bohemia.html

All helpful advice!

Is there a site that's better than most for sorting out the flights as well?

Is Prague particularly expensive to fly to as the cheapest I've found is 140 quid, and considering the holidays in easter I think that's pretty fudging expensive!

Last edited:
All helpful advice!

Is there a site that's better than most for sorting out the flights as well?

Is Prague particularly expensive to fly to as the cheapest I've found is 140 quid, and considering the holidays in easter I think that's pretty fudging expensive!

There you go, flight and hotel, with Xpedia, sorted from lowest to highest price. Clicky. Play to your heart's content to sort out the best dates/price for you.

Back