• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Book of Mormon

elltrev

Andy Sinton
I'm thinking of going to see Book of Mormon with some mates for my Birthday in July, but it seems extremely expensive!

Anyone got any specific proven tips for getting cheaper tickets somehow?

Thanks in advance!

I go to ALOT if theatre. You will find it hard to find cheap tix for BofM. Keep an eye on the London press, evening standard, time out, etc
Also target times when people go to the theatre less. Half term for example, all the kids shows do well, but the adult ones take a hit - can find some deals then. But unlikely for BofM.

I paid 45 per seat for stalls seats. Appx 10 rows back, and the view was great. No restricted sight lines. There is a website that you can check what the view is like from most seats in the major theatres.

IMHO, it is worth 45-60 per seat.

Its expensive because its good!! Well worth the full price, as mentioned due to its popularity it'll be very hard to find a bargain ticket for it.

Decided to make an impromptu decision to go see it whilst in town, sold out at the ticket office and nearby places. You can queue in a line before curtains and see if any tickets haven't been picked up and buy them (can't remember if it was still the same price or less). We ended up going up to a tout outside, who had second from front row. He wanted to charge us £150 each, but as it got towards the start we got two for £150.

Went for that because we couldn't be sure we'd get any standing in the queue. Don't normally like going to touts but we were a bit tinkled and my mate had come from OZ and she was leaving the day after.

Don't know if July is just a particularly popular period, but booking 5 weeks in advance there are no tickets cheaper than £77 - not sure I can handle that!

I go to ALOT if theatre. You will find it hard to find cheap tix for BofM. Keep an eye on the London press, evening standard, time out, etc
Also target times when people go to the theatre less. Half term for example, all the kids shows do well, but the adult ones take a hit - can find some deals then. But unlikely for BofM.

I paid 45 per seat for stalls seats. Appx 10 rows back, and the view was great. No restricted sight lines. There is a website that you can check what the view is like from most seats in the major theatres.

IMHO, it is worth 45-60 per seat.

Funny how we question the cost and value of events like the theatre etc BUT when it comes to Spurs i'll w*nk £70 up the wall in a hartbeat..........and i bet th BofM has never been reviewed as turgid.

I hated it, thought it was rubbish.

I also watch a lot of theatre, saw It's Only a Play earlier in the year in New York. Bloody good, Nathan Lane is a living legend. If you ever get the chance to see Mark Rylance in anything, go for it.

I hated it, thought it was rubbish.

I also watch a lot of theatre, saw It's Only a Play earlier in the year in New York. Bloody good, Nathan Lane is a living legend. If you ever get the chance to see Mark Rylance in anything, go for it.

I wasn't to impressed with it either.

Thanks mate - sadly I already bit the bullet
No you bloody didn't.

Aargh this site just said I have to wait at least 2 seconds before performing this action.

2 seconds?

Pah!

Pah not Pay. Pah. Pah. Forking iPad bull,sh,I,t,t,t,t,ttttt

Back