• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Book Club

Had got into a decent routine of reading recently and got through most of 100 years of solitude, things went off the tracks a little bit and the reading went with it.

I was really enjoying it though, just would've been fudged without the handy family tree at the start because all the characters are named after each other.

Oh think i will hunt that down!
I remember getting it out on a dvd by post service (remember when that was groundbreaking!?) to reminisce. I wondered how it fared against the book as it was aimed at 8-12 year olds I think, so maybe I’ll try the books! Also wasn’t Day Of the Trifids the more adult hit of Wyndham’s also on TV around the same item?

Had got into a decent routine of reading recently and got through most of 100 years of solitude, things went off the tracks a little bit and the reading went with it.

I was really enjoying it though, just would've been fudged without the handy family tree at the start because all the characters are named after each other.
Great, great book (as is most of his stuff).

I have started 100 years a couple of times and stopped very quickly for reasons unrelated to the book. I'll actually get on with reading it this time.

Sorry found this.

Ive read three books in the last three months

The Greatest Footballer you never saw - Robin Friday, second time of reading this, such a great great book.

Making sense of the trouble - Bit of IRA history as my mates working on cases and spiked my interest

And one that’s hard read is Tom Holland’s Rubicon about the Roman Empire, great read and his books are astonishing, I have to make notes like a student and look up parts to get through but honestly love his books

Sorry found this.

Ive read three books in the last three months

The Greatest Footballer you never saw - Robin Friday, second time of reading this, such a great great book.

Making sense of the trouble - Bit of IRA history as my mates working on cases and spiked my interest

And one that’s hard read is Tom Holland’s Rubicon about the Roman Empire, great read and his books are astonishing, I have to make notes like a student and look up parts to get through but honestly love his books

Holland irritates me so much on twitter but I imagine his books are actually pretty excellent. I may give it a go.

Holland irritates me so much on twitter but I imagine his books are actually pretty excellent. I may give it a go.

I’m off social media now as it annoys me so thankfully I haven’t seen it, although now I am curious.

His books are good, I read Dynasty and it was a hard hard read as the names of the Emperor’s and their families were so extensive And similar it was hard to keep track of who was who, hence I had to write it all down and the family tree page was worn out. Took me 4 months to complete

I’m reading ‘Coming Down Fast’ by Simon Wells. It’s about the death of the hippie dream and Charles Manson. Had my interest piqued by watching Tarantino’s ‘Once Upon a Time in Hollywood’ during lockdown.

Back