• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bologna has exercices to reproduce in-game deflected/weird shots for its goalkeepers

Pretty cool kit, though Id be surprised if they were the only ones to have it.

And if they are, I suspect it wont be for long!

I imagine anything that gives a keeper a new way of practicing would be welcome, must get pretty stale otherwise.

Pretty cool kit, though Id be surprised if they were the only ones to have it.

And if they are, I suspect it wont be for long!

I imagine anything that gives a keeper a new way of practicing would be welcome, must get pretty stale otherwise.

I see some of the comments on Reddit show Norwich and Deportivo use it too, so it's probably pretty normal afterall! Fun to see it though. :)

Saw this on Reddit and found it pretty interesting.

Would be interesting to see whether they made more saves from weird deflections than other goalkeepers, for instance.

I guess it's a bit of a matter of learning the deflectors here though, as they're very static, but you still need to act quick (on at least the first exercise).
It would be fairly simple to measure.

An effective goalkeeper will, over a large enough sample size, have an effect on goals conceded vs the xG of those goals.

I'm not sure of the effectiveness of any of them other than the first as the keeper has an unhindered sight on all those shots and doesn't need to react as he can "see" it's deflected before it is and therefore doesn't need to make any adjustments.

I'm not sure of the effectiveness of any of them other than the first as the keeper has an unhindered sight on all those shots and doesn't need to react as he can "see" it's deflected before it is and therefore doesn't need to make any adjustments.

Yeah, I agree, only the first one really looks effective, as you can clearly tell where the ball will go with the other ones.

Looks good, very similar to slip catching practice of the bench

sli_p_catch_cradle_3.jpg

Back