• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

I've been called Paki 100s times in my life by white people but not once was it said endearingly. But I've not heard it so much since I've been an adult and been able to control who I am around. I love my bubble of good folk from all backgrounds who build relationships based on human values. And the majority of people are just like this.

So had the oddest sad conversation this morning.

Get to work and steff from admin, a lovely 41 year old blonde girl from Croydon originally but lived down on the coast for 20 years. She says to me come look at my new car.

So im looking at her new to her second hand car. She said she got it in London but it was a hassle as her and husband had to walk out of the first two places because they were run by "fcuking pakis"

Im honestly still shocked by this and it was half an hour ago.

Hate political correctness but also the is no need for racism. Why cant everyone be like me, deeply cynical but genuinely not racist. Wondering if the blacks and asians were right all along about everyday racism.

Weird because I really did not expect it from her.

What gets me about stuff like this is that the racial bit of the slur is not relevant.
If the salesman is being a clam then he's a clam, what has the racial bit got to do with it.
A clam is a clam, nothing else really matters. He isn't a clam because he's a whatever, he's a clam because he's a clam.

Anyone going in to buy a car and not expecting to deal with a clam of a car sales person must be a bit of a soft one mind you.

Calling someone a paki or a chink is fudging racist, however you want to try and pass it off.

Stop trying to legitimise claims that it's not.

Sure.
Good to see you clearly paid attention to what I said rather than the point you wanted to counter.
But hey, as the kids say nowadays, you do you.

I've been called Paki 100s times in my life by white people but not once was it said endearingly. But I've not heard it so much since I've been an adult and been able to control who I am around. I love my bubble of good folk from all backgrounds who build relationships based on human values. And the majority of people are just like this.

Yep. And I fully accept that so many times that word is used, it is with a negative intent. To demean or to attack.

I absolutely loathe being called a Paki. It’s the worst type of insult. I’m Indian, don’t throw me in with that lot.

I mean stop being racist everyone.

I SAID GOOD DAY
I used to frequent a curry house in Odiham run by a Pakistani family. They called the restaurant an Indian restaurant because "Nobody want to eat in a fudging Pakistani restaurant" - the owner's words :D

Ironically they often got called Pakis by Basingstoke people who must have got lost - the fact that the people insulting then thought they were Indian and didn't know the difference was an irony not lost on them.

I used to frequent a curry house in Odiham run by a Pakistani family. They called the restaurant an Indian restaurant because "Nobody want to eat in a fudging Pakistani restaurant" - the owner's words :D

Ironically they often got called Pakis by Basingstoke people who must have got lost - the fact that the people insulting then thought they were Indian and didn't know the difference was an irony not lost on them.
Goodness gracious me

I read that as Oldham at first and thought you were the one that had got lost.

I think the episode of peep show where mark makes a racist friend sums up my views on it all.

The bit at the end on the recording studio, someone should put up because that speach sums it up perfectly for me.

What gets me about stuff like this is that the racial bit of the slur is not relevant.
If the salesman is being a clam then he's a clam, what has the racial bit got to do with it.
A clam is a clam, nothing else really matters. He isn't a clam because he's a whatever, he's a clam because he's a clam.

Anyone going in to buy a car and not expecting to deal with a clam of a car sales person must be a bit of a soft one mind you.

Totally agree mate. It shocked me because I did not expect it from her and because it bothers me that she might think i think like that.

Back