• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

yes, im refering to the nfl rooney rule. having an interview stage quota is a problem - it means that you arent giving an interview opportunity to the 10 best candidates who deserve it most. but instead, there will be occasions where someone misses out purely based on race (because of past transgressions, which he had no involvement in).

i cant read the article unfortunately (it says its blocked to EU nations, and i dont have a vpn). but i'm guessing its about how prejudices create an unfair employment climate. if so, i completely accept that this is likely the case in many scenarios. however thats why im such a big advocate of everyone educating themselves on unconscious racism. instead it looks like society is looking to pile on more racism to solve racism.

Let's just agree that education (and awareness) on unconscious racism is absolutely bang on the money.

Do you have any numbers on how many people were killed from non-violent arrests and call-outs? I genuinely don't know, but I'd be surprised if it's a significant number.

What's the plan when what would have started non-violent becomes violent and there's no police there? Is the cost to the lives of social workers worth the saving? Again, don't know the answer but it's an obvious problem.

Finally, (sorry to bombard with so many questions but you're the first person capable of forming a sentence I've heard support this stuff) why have BLM taken this issue up? Seems a little out of scope to me. After all, the data available in the US are fairly clear that once an arrest becomes violent, black men (I say men because it almost always is) are less likely to be shot than white men. Shouldn't this be an issue taken up by that prick with the message on the back of the Cesna?

Scara, apologies for the delay, I made a quite fabulous post with links and everything, then lost it, and now can't be bothered to spend more time trying to recreate it (did I mention I have a new girlfriend?). In short....

I don't have the numbers, did do a bit of research but from what I can gather part of the problem is the voluntary nature of providing stats in these areas via officers and agencies. Also part of my problem is I don't like numbers and get bored easily.

Second question, in short is there any way of assessing this without seeing the community-led enforcement model in practice alongside the Police? In the case of homelessness, mental health and addiction, having groups and individuals with the correct training and experience will surely reduce violent interactions, which is part of the 'plan' for defunding the police. Just on the whole 'defund the police' moniker, this article explains the actual concept with a bit more clarity https://www.brookings.edu/blog/fixg...efund-the-police-mean-and-does-it-have-merit/

When we talk about defunding the police in the US, it is a very different animal to the UK. Police budgets over there are huge, the NYPD budget is 10x that of London I think? It's simply allocating some funds into designated social/community areas of expertise. Working example is decriminalising drug use in Portugal and making addiction and the surrounding implications a health-centred issue as opposed to a police issue.

Last question, I think it's important to state that whilst BLM have become the megaphone for the 'defund the police' movement in 2020, this isn't a race issue but more a societal issue, specifically based around class in my opinion (when you look at stats of who, where and why civilians are on the receiving end of police brutality).

Also regarding data, are black men only less likely to be shot purely by numbers? In terms of per capita or per x, are they not more likely to be shot? Again, had some lovely graphs and other such things I don't understand to present but hey ho.

Can I go back to having sex now?

Erm HELLO

When did this happen?

I have always liked you so im going to give you a the benefit of my expertise. Lay behind her like your spooning, kiss her neck on one side while you play with her clit. Then gently rub your rooster into her bum. She will cum all over your fingers. Then she will be ready for the custard.

It's been a lockdown love affair for the ages. We met digitally, sent nightly poems to each other, partook in what the kids would call 'Zoom dating' for a month, explored the empty streets of London on our bikes for our first physical date. And now getting up to things that only you wouldn't blush at. I think she may be a winner.

Appreciate you sharing your experience Chich, I shall report back on all custard-related manoeuvres.

It's been a lockdown love affair for the ages. We met digitally, sent nightly poems to each other, partook in what the kids would call 'Zoom dating' for a month, explored the empty streets of London on our bikes for our first physical date. And now getting up to things that only you wouldn't blush at. I think she may be a winner.

Appreciate you sharing your experience Chich, I shall report back on all custard-related manoeuvres.

Please don't.

TTIUWP

there will sadly be a record number of (black) people killed in chicago this weekend, always underreported

Apologies if this has been posted before but I don't remember seeing it.
My company has arranged for US anti-racism educator Jane Elliott to do a series of talks for employees. She is very much worth listening to. There's lots of Jane Elliot interviews, programmes etc. online.
This is a programme about her blue eye/brown eye exercise which is both fascinating and worrying in terms of how quickly and easily children can be influenced in their behaviours.
It's an hour long btw.

Hamilton kicking off about others not taking the knee where as I think Leclerc says he is more interested in living right than gestures.

Back