• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Self-reflection although admirable is passive and it tends to become unnoticed by those using force, guns and thuggery.
If as history has proven, one just 'peacefully' protest one get bloody ignored and walked over.
I detest the current reaction to these 'killing' by the police, I can totally understand why they are happening and they are born out of the frustration of being ignored.

Went to see the parents this weekend so just catching up.

The factions of support for the lad who shot out in the US is disturbing, was there two of them that happened?

THe BBC news pushing a huge report now on the protests in Kenosha and the violence including burning a car lot, getting heated between Vernon Jones and Brenda Lawrence

Kenosha is being played like Detroit was in the late '60s...

Question for you taking into account alot of what I have read today catching up on here.

I saw earlier a comment made about @scaramanga not being in a position to understand points as he is not a black man, with that in mind and taking into account that police brutality is long and deeply rooted in the US are people in the US not slightly disappointed with Obama that as a black man who would understand he could not achieve more in his 8 years? Many commentated that the divide in race relations deepened under Obama and there were scores of incidents with the police such as Garner, Ferguson, Martin so this is not new. Im not defending Trump here, far from it, Im just really interested in what Americans think in all this, I think Trump because of his right wing stance has given the subject more airtime but aside from Obama being slick in his PR response to the same incidents during his presidency I dont form the outside see too much has changed in the US.

Question for you taking into account alot of what I have read today catching up on here.

I saw earlier a comment made about @scaramanga not being in a position to understand points as he is not a black man, with that in mind and taking into account that police brutality is long and deeply rooted in the US are people in the US not slightly disappointed with Obama that as a black man who would understand he could not achieve more in his 8 years? Many commentated that the divide in race relations deepened under Obama and there were scores of incidents with the police such as Garner, Ferguson, Martin so this is not new. Im not defending Trump here, far from it, Im just really interested in what Americans think in all this, I think Trump because of his right wing stance has given the subject more airtime but aside from Obama being slick in his PR response to the same incidents during his presidency I dont form the outside see too much has changed in the US.

Think about it Grays. Of course racism became greater, Obama was black. The first black President. That didn't go down well with some, and I am sure you remember who was behind the "Birther" flimflam! Then he had to undo some of the worst brick in recent US history, so spent two years digging the US out of an enormous hole. But you're right, you are outside and obviously don't know. Obama tried to enact various police reforms, including convening a Police Task Force after Ferguson. He also created the Collaborative Reform Initiative, but Trump disbanded or vastly scaled back many of these reforms, and then appropriated much of the initial Task Force language as his own.

By the way, I cannot speak for Americans. I am English mate ;-)...but a quick bit of research will show you what Obama did and tried to do.

Think about it Grays. Of course racism became greater, Obama was black. The first black President. That didn't go down well with some, and I am sure you remember who was behind the "Birther" flimflam! Then he had to undo some of the worst brick in recent US history, so spent two years digging the US out of an enormous hole. But you're right, you are outside and obviously don't know. Obama tried to enact various police reforms, including convening a Police Task Force after Ferguson. He also created the Collaborative Reform Initiative, but Trump disbanded or vastly scaled back many of these reforms, and then appropriated much of the initial Task Force language as his own.

By the way, I cannot speak for Americans. I am English mate ;-)...but a quick bit of research will show you what Obama did and tried to do.

Cheers thats why I asked, interesting stuff, I find it all interesting, will have a look today.

The American comment was more being inside the camp and seeing it first hand, I saw your love for home post the other day

Cheers thats why I asked, interesting stuff, I find it all interesting, will have a look today.

The American comment was more being inside the camp and seeing it first hand, I saw your love for home post the other day

Really doing my head in right now.
I am used to getting back three, four times a year. Was back in Jan, expected to be back in April, then late August, then late Oct...all up the bricker. I enjoy games but I love away days, have since my 80s season ticket days, and always go when back (fortunate for tix, etc). They give me great energy, and the whole ritual of an away day never fails to excite me. Add to that the immense pride I felt in the Poch years...sigh...funny. I was in Europe working a few days before Ajax second-leg. I turned down a ticket/chance to extend my trip by a day because I was due in Africa two weeks later for two weeks, and thought that if we made the CL, my marriage might not survive Europe extension, Africa and Europe again, followed by more Europe three weeks after that! As it was, I missed the 2nd leg, screamed and cried my eyes out at the final whistle, nearly shat myself when I knew I had to go to the CL Final, went to Africa, came back on a Tuesday and the Friday for a 24 hour round-trip from SF via NYC...it remains both my greatest and saddest day as a supporter. I was so utterly convinced we'd win, but I had to be there, all the old faces from the decades, my dear friends, all of it. Then work took me to the Etihad in late June, and bizarrely, I ended up back there in August and saw the 2-2 (VAR pt 2)...which has proven to be the last away game I've got to. 6 homes games since then, but that was the last away...fudge I miss it more than I can tell you, and I literally dream of the first one I'll get to again...

Errr, does that count as "off-topic"?:D:D:D:D

More righteous protestoring going viral. And further evidence of the 'mission-creep' - or perhaps the seriously misjudged over-reach by some which seems almost perversely designed to lose them support.

Last edited:
More righteous protestoring going viral. And further evidence of the 'mission-creep- or perhaps the seriously misjudged over-reach by soem which seems almost perversely designed to lose them support.

I agree, silliness and definitely the sort of thing which does nothing to help anything or anyone. I am not sure why they were blocking off the gas station, and had I been driving I'd have gone to the next station, but that doesn't mean they should picket it or he should not be able to buy gas there if he wants.

I'd like a little more info overall as to why the picket was happening.

One thing to add here mate, I am on the west coast. There are extremely different things happening in various parts of the country due to the sheer vastness. CA is not the same as, for example, Louisiana...

fudging peasants.

Out of interest, and as an aside from this specific incident which is absurd, do you have any concept of what African Americans have endured over the centuries? I am not talking about statistics, I am talking about life. Have you ever been to the south? The North East? The South East coast? The midwest? Have you spent any time in the smaller towns? Again -and remember this because it is vitally important- segregation only became illegal in 1964.

Back