• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Lives Matter

Ali and Jesse Owens spring to mind as vital figures representing change and political importance as well as being elite athletes.

I think organic action by two people is different from organisations sitting and deciding to support a political cause. Not so much BLM but more politics causes

I'm not a fan of mixing the two, I'm especially not a fan of the knelling being a forced action in some sport where others like F1 give gown humans the choice to. That for me is overly political

I'm also conflicted as I'm a huge advocate for a one strike rule on racism in football, Vardy, Terry and Suarez and Beardsley should be gone, the fact footballs deciding BLM to support grinds my gears after they haven't acted in the past.

I think organic action by two people is different from organisations sitting and deciding to support a political cause. Not so much BLM but more politics causes

I'm not a fan of mixing the two, I'm especially not a fan of the knelling being a forced action in some sport where others like F1 give gown humans the choice to. That for me is overly political

I'm also conflicted as I'm a huge advocate for a one strike rule on racism in football, Vardy, Terry and Suarez and Beardsley should be gone, the fact footballs deciding BLM to support grinds my gears after they haven't acted in the past.

An interesting perspective which I don't wholly disagree with at all. There is a lot of desire for organizations wanting to "look" like they're "getting it right" rather than actually doing the real work to correct systemic issues. I suppose it would be called virtue signaling. Equally, if you open up politics in sport to that official degree, in a free country you're certainly leaving open the fact that a body (or organization) could show support for a cause which is less than clever.

I agree re: mandatory kneeling. If you wish to kneel, excellent. If you don't, no problem. As for the one strike rule, I would always actually give a player another chance as I believe several are either ignorant or sheltered and mighty genuinely see the light if treated with educational perspective.

Football and BLM is a strange one, because I agree, it has not always supported the cause, yet Kick It Out has made some great inroads. More can be done, and my only issue with their support of BLM is that the principles of ant-racism must remain long-term and active, not simply a big reaction to this moment.

An interesting perspective which I don't wholly disagree with at all. There is a lot of desire for organizations wanting to "look" like they're "getting it right" rather than actually doing the real work to correct systemic issues. I suppose it would be called virtue signaling. Equally, if you open up politics in sport to that official degree, in a free country you're certainly leaving open the fact that a body (or organization) could show support for a cause which is less than clever.

I agree re: mandatory kneeling. If you wish to kneel, excellent. If you don't, no problem. As for the one strike rule, I would always actually give a player another chance as I believe several are either ignorant or sheltered and mighty genuinely see the light if treated with educational perspective.

Football and BLM is a strange one, because I agree, it has not always supported the cause, yet Kick It Out has made some great inroads. More can be done, and my only issue with their support of BLM is that the principles of ant-racism must remain long-term and active, not simply a big reaction to this moment.

Yeh i agree on this

Football feels like ots washing its soul with the BLM tag because when Beardsley abused black kids with language that cant be argued anything but racist was given a laughable ban. I would argue a life ban sits better for BLM than wearing their badge.

Also kick it out operates seperately from football authorities often at logger heads with the game which is another frustration for me.

Jeez, what an asshole that Floyd guy is.

Right from the get-go he ignores the officer and won't show his right hand, no wonder the officer pulled a gun. I would have.

I wouldn't have knelt on his neck though, I'd have shut him in the car, despite his whining. He whines more than my 8 year old.

I don’t disagree with this

but what do you think will happen to players that didn’t want to take the knee anymore or if the league said no more?

I personally don’t think sport and issues shouldn’t mix in this way.

what the league has done well is have match days set aside for kick it out and rainbow laces etc - which is the way to do it- with the added bonus of knowing everything about the cause unlike BLM

Did not know which thread to put it but the Lebanese woman i know who is very interested in the black lives matter movement.

We saw her this morning for the first time since the explosion and her brother was actually buried under rubble for 12 hours.

I said my GHod how is he. Few bruises you know, were used to it ben she tells me. Tough fcukers out there. She is so beautiful, i hated homeland but think of Saul's wife in the show.

Would die a happy man to kiss her just once.

Did not know which thread to put it but the Lebanese woman i know who is very interested in the black lives matter movement.

We saw her this morning for the first time since the explosion and her brother was actually buried under rubble for 12 hours.

I said my GHod how is he. Few bruises you know, were used to it ben she tells me. Tough fcukers out there. She is so beautiful, i hated homeland but think of Saul's wife in the show.

Spent alot of time in Lebanon and Syria, two seriously cool countries. Beirut is incredible

There was a Lebanese student who lived a couple of doors away when I was studying in Leicester and she was utterly gorgeous and full of life.

Seems to be a good genetic blend out there, like Brazil.

Looks like a lot of African migrant workers now stuck in what’s left of Beirut with no means to get home.

When protests re deemed to be obligatory and there's an aggressive, coercive element...a period of self-reflection is in order.

Self-reflection although admirable is passive and it tends to become unnoticed by those using force, guns and thuggery.
If as history has proven, one just 'peacefully' protest one get bloody ignored and walked over.
I detest the current reaction to these 'killing' by the police, I can totally understand why they are happening and they are born out of the frustration of being ignored.

Back