• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Black Friday/Cyber Monday

NickTB

Alan Hutton
Anyone doing it? Just a hyped up excuse to get more money propagated by 'Muricans? I haven't seen any serious reductions online yet.

Wonka.jpg

Last year I needed to upgrade my TV and my money happened to go in on black Friday. I looked all over my town for a cheap deal, only savings were minimal ones on 2 grand TV's. In the end I got one from Argos that wasn't discounted at all.

I do think it will become big over here in the next decade though as everything from America does eventually.

None of the things I want are discounted, seems a little pointless.

I know there tends to be a lot of tech sales on Black Friday but the only tech I need right now is an iPhone 6S for the wife - no deals to be had on them at all as far as I can see.

I know there tends to be a lot of tech sales on Black Friday but the only tech I need right now is an iPhone 6S for the wife - no deals to be had on them at all as far as I can see.
You won't see them in these sales until they're obsolete-the only things I could see discounted were competitive things like games which would be discounted in the lead up to Christmas anyway and junk which had obviously been sitting around in a warehouse for eight months because they can't shift it.

I slept outside Tesco's for 3 days to fight to get a Blaupunkt tv which was £139 for a 52inch screen (Which 3 months ago was £129)

Not Really !!!

We did get some really good discounted baby stuff though

No.

And it's very ignorant (sorry, British) to blame the US for UK retailers selling their old stock under the guise of a national holiday we don't really recognise in any other way.

It is an American invention to make more money of a holiday. Why we've felt the need to bring this to Europe I don't know. I hate the way everything is being turned into an Americanised consumer fest (Xmas, halloween, Valentines etc.).

I actually think the way America celebrates Halloween and Christmas is brilliant, would love that kind of thing over here on the scale they do it. I think with the way things are in the world things like that bring people together.

Only discount I've ever seen on an iPhone is at Giffgaff - https://www.giffgaff.com/apple/phones

You can save £20 or £30 if you don't want the S. You do have to buy a sim card for a fiver though, I got one and just binned it straight away.

It is an American invention to make more money of a holiday. Why we've felt the need to bring this to Europe I don't know. I hate the way everything is being turned into an Americanised consumer fest (Xmas, halloween, Valentines etc.).

Agreed - but that's not Murica's fault, its Britains.

Am an Amazon Prime member and didn't see anything particularly special (did get a book for £6 though!).

Bought a suit worth nigh on £400 for just over £100 from House of Fraser but not convinced it was much to do with Black Friday (probably more to do with the fact it was claret and in my size). Looks beautiful by the way ;)

The electronic equipment I've been watching haven't dropped enough for me to get excited.

Do we really need old school jumble sale madness in the day of the internet?

Should you have wished there were some amazing black Friday bargains here in the US including a 50 inch LCD TV for 149 dollars at best buy. I don't take part in the consumerist madness myself as I have everything I could possibly need,( my needs are simple, sinful and few) .

I simply don't get Brits in the UK celebrating Halloween and Black Friday , whats wrong with Guy Fawkes night and the January sales??

Should you have wished there were some amazing black Friday bargains here in the US including a 50 inch LCD TV for 149 dollars at best buy. I don't take part in the consumerist madness myself as I have everything I could possibly need,( my needs are simple, sinful and few) .

I simply don't get Brits in the UK celebrating Halloween and Black Friday , whats wrong with Guy Fawkes night and the January sales??
Halloween is fine - I think it actually started in the UK anyway.

But Brits don't even know what black Friday is - it has no relation to thanksgiving celebrations because Brits don't celebrate it, for obvious reasons! So that no sense outside of the scope of selling crap to mindless sheep

Halloween is fine - I think it actually started in the UK anyway.

But Brits don't even know what black Friday is - it has no relation to thanksgiving celebrations because Brits don't celebrate it, for obvious reasons! So that no sense outside of the scope of selling crap to mindless sheep

I guess anywhere that Amazon wraps its tentacles around will have black Friday thrust upon them, you can only hope that people will resist the Americanization of the UK. I say that as a born Brit who loves both the UK and The US

Needed a new oven in time for xmas and a hoover. Got both with good discounts. Only downside i got some beats solo 2 last week for £150 and saw some down to £60... You win some...

Back