• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best TV series of the decade

milo

Jack L. Jones
You know where this is going. Nominations now. A draw and vote offs to follow.

This decade I’d say Game of Thrones. Breaking bad would have as it finished in this decade but started in the last.

Will be interested to see what comes back in this thread as I need something new to watch.

Breaking bad would have as it finished in this decade but started in the last.

I think that it qualifies as long as it has had a new episode aired between 01/01/2010 and 31/12/2019. So Breaking Bad is in.

Better Call Saul as well as BB. Not sure which one I'd go for if they were head to head, really. Doctor Who - season four and season nine, I think, if we're going to be specific. The Americans, over Homeland, for the wigs. Line of Duty, even if it declined each series.

But Black Mirror is probably the best contender.

Better Call Saul as well as BB. Not sure which one I'd go for if they were head to head, really. Doctor Who - season four and season nine, I think, if we're going to be specific. The Americans, over Homeland, for the wigs. Line of Duty, even if it declined each series.

But Black Mirror is probably the best contender.

Better Call Saul is also great but not sure it quite tops BB.

few more if suggestions needed to put to vote. All I’ve enjoyed.
Billions , Westworld, Ozark, Ray Donovan .

I think that it qualifies as long as it has had a new episode aired between 01/01/2010 and 31/12/2019. So Breaking Bad is in.

What about the Mad Men problem - early series were great, mainly about marketing and 1960s social attitudes but after 2010 it was too character-driven. Does it qualify?

It qualifies but anyone who votes for it is wrong

If you put it up against Toast of London, which you appear to have invented on the spot, then it should do okay.

Netflix has done a couple of good one-off miniseries, Maniac and Russian Doll. Would those qualify?

Edit- forgot the Scandies! The Bridge over Forbrydelsen, and Borgen isn’t even placed.

If you put it up against Toast of London, which you appear to have invented on the spot, then it should do okay.

Netflix has done a couple of good one-off miniseries, Maniac and Russian Doll. Would those qualify?

Edit- forgot the Scandies! The Bridge over Forbrydelsen, and Borgen isn’t even placed.

I loved Russian Doll, it definitely qualifies.

We're including Sherlock, right?

First season of Fargo and True Detective were really good. Didn't quite reach those heights later. Orphan Black was good.

I only really follow some animated shows at the moment, like Rick & Morty, Bojack Horseman, South Park, Venture Bros. They have the best writing IMO.

First season of Fargo and True Detective were really good. Didn't quite reach those heights later. Orphan Black was good.

I only really follow some animated shows at the moment, like Rick & Morty, Bojack Horseman, South Park, Venture Bros. They have the best writing IMO.

Fargo and True Detective followed the same pattern . First series were brilliant then 2nd and 3rd although watchable and enjoyable never met the heights of the first series

Back