• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best music streaming service.

I considered a rPi solution, but they're a pain to deal with the fact that the power cuts with the ignition so often.

You can lock the OS SD card but it's not foolproof. You can also rig the power supply to run from the permanent power and monitor the ignition circuit to initiate a shutdown. Don't really want to be ripping my car apart and fudging with the electronics either.

I'm tempted to find a Flac file tracker and move across as long as I can get my content which isn't the mainstream trash.

I've got a Tidal trial and it doesn't have the variety on it and the sound quality isn't as good as Play.

Google need to listen their small but loyal fanbase and keep play going.
If the music you want is on Deezer, apparently you can use Deezloader Remix to download FLAC from a free account.

Will report after the weekend.

It has more content than Tidal so yeah let me know please
Works really well. There's a newer version out here https://deemix.app/pyweb/ so make sure you use that.

So I just signed up for a free Deezer account, copied the cookie (instructions in the app if you need them) and set about downloading what I wanted. You have to go into the settings and choose FLAC as a format.

Some minor irritations in the GUI though. Albums aren't sorted by release date and when you open an album for details, when you return to the album listing it's unsorted again. Also, be careful of clicking in the centre of an artist or album artwork - that queues the entire thing for download.

Edit:

Also don't pile up stacks of albums to download at once, I just had a crash and it doesn't keep the list.

Works really well. There's a newer version out here https://deemix.app/pyweb/ so make sure you use that.

So I just signed up for a free Deezer account, copied the cookie (instructions in the app if you need them) and set about downloading what I wanted. You have to go into the settings and choose FLAC as a format.

Some minor irritations in the GUI though. Albums aren't sorted by release date and when you open an album for details, when you return to the album listing it's unsorted again. Also, be careful of clicking in the centre of an artist or album artwork - that queues the entire thing for download.

Edit:

Also don't pile up stacks of albums to download at once, I just had a crash and it doesn't keep the list.

Very cool!! Thanks!

Back