• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Best analysis I've seen of what Barcelona do

Little Luka

John Scales
I don't care what you think about Gary Neville, he knows his stuff.

[video=dailymotion;xn2gn8]http://www.dailymotion.com/video/xn2gn8_gary-neville-mnf-analysis-of-el-clasico-10-12-2011_sport[/video]

Good analyser and definately an asset to Sky. Plus I imagine City and Liverpool fans hating him and I like him even more!

He's easily one of the best pundits around. And he's fair when it comes to analysing Emirates Marketing Project and Liverpool too.

Guardiola doesn't get enough credit for the work rate, style of football and their never say die attitude that he has instilled at Barca. Even when they were losing to Chelsea in the CL semi final in 09, they never stopped playing their football, even in stoppage time!

That is the type of detailed analysis MOTD can only dream about

Hear, hear. Hansen, Lawrenson, Dixon, Lineker, et al. should hang their heads in shame watching that, with the claptrap they pass off as analysis. Up with this sort of thing.

Barca playing it out from the back with centre backs 50m apart is hardly the reason why Contrao lost Fabregas on that late run.

Their passing is amazing in tight areas between xavi, cesc, iniesta and Messi who also happens to create magic and finish most half chances, this to me is more of an explanation of 'what they do'.

Under Guardiola, Barca fight as hard as anyone to retain possession when they lose it, doesn't mean their players are tired after an hour because when they get possession again they rarely waste it.

Neville is a runt and an average right back in his day. Perfect for Sky.

Barca playing it out from the back with centre backs 50m apart is hardly the reason why Contrao lost Fabregas on that late run.

Their passing is amazing in tight areas between xavi, cesc, iniesta and Messi who also happens to create magic and finish most half chances, this to me is more of an explanation of 'what they do'.

Under Guardiola, Barca fight as hard as anyone to retain possession when they lose it, doesn't mean their players are tired after an hour because when they get possession again they rarely waste it.

Whereas your explanation involved 'magic'? At least try fool us with fancy technical wizardry.

Of course this wasn't a detailed analysis of everything Barca do, it was a 7 minute clip focusing on one aspect.

Neville made the point that how Barca build from the back tires opponents that try to press high up the pitch for extended periods. If you don't see how a defender being tired is connected to them losing runners and making mistakes then I don't know what to say.

Yes, Barca fight to win back possession, however every opponent they have would be forced into long balls by pressure even close to what Real put on them. Real (and other teams) have to press much higher, with more people to put any kind of meaningful pressure on Barca. Meanwhile their opponents get forced into long balls and clearances that much easier, making them lose possession more often. Meaning Barca have to spend less energy pressing overall, even if they press with a lot of intensity at times.

Where Real went wrong in this game in my opinion was that they pressed very high up the pitch for too long. They tired too soon and were overrun in the last 10 minutes of the first half and in the last half an our of the second half (or thereabouts). Milan did a better job last night where they pressed high up the pitch in the beginning, got a couple of very good chances as a result, but then they sat back as a unit for long periods as well to not exhaust themselves completely.

F#ck me, Barca are suicidal at the back. The Neviller has exposed them. =D>

Seriously good analysis though, and a point Ive never seen made ever before....How the hell hasnt Jose picked up on this yet? Its a trap!!!

Last edited:
Back