• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bernard Anício Caldeira Duarte

Shakhtar Doneskt - anyone watch them often? i hear about the harsh winter and travels...has any top player come good there?

Shakhtar Doneskt - anyone watch them often? i hear about the harsh winter and travels...has any top player come good there?

I've only seen them occasionally in the Champions League.

Fernandinho earned his massive money move to City from Shakhtar, probably came at least somewhat good there. Willian is anothe that was highly rated, ended up in Anzhi, but probably would have ended up in a big club in a big league if not for the oil money. Probably will end up in a big league soon. Probably came at least somewhat good at Shakhtar.

Croatia captain Dario Srna is very highly rated and imo a very good player and has been at Shakhtar for quite some time now.

They have a few other very talented players too, some Brazilians among them.

http://www.express.co.uk/sport/football/500443/Arsenal-and-Tottenham-on-alert-with-Brazilian-starlet-Bernard-set-for-loan-move

A*****L and Tottenham are on alert after Shaktar Donetsk revealed plans to try and send Bernard out on loan this season.

The Brazilian winger was heavily linked with a move to London last summer only to opt for Shaktar instead.

But the 21-year-old is among a number of players unsettled by the political situation in Ukraine and is now eyeing a move away.

Shaktar are unwilling to let the youngster leave on the cheap having spent £22m to sign the diminutive midfielder from Atletico Mineiro just 12 months ago.

And so a loan move now looks like the most likely outcome, with Arsenal and Spurs monitoring the situation.

A Shaktar club source told Izvestia: "It is necessary to seek a compromise.

"It is obvious the Brazilian does not want to stay in Ukraine, where he will only complain and spoil the atmosphere in the team.

Apparently he had a bust up with his coach as well and an outright sale could be considered. 19 mill - rather tasty and would fill that left midfield spot to a tee...

http://www.givemesport.com/494298-bernard-slammed-by-mircea-lucescu-as-shakhtar-exit-draws-near

One year loan with an option to buy for 19 mill - oh yes, I would!!!

He'll probably go to Zenit ;)

How did he get on last year? Was he as good as we thought he was?

Good 6 month option till we can get Rodriguez in January.

Either him or Douglas Costa probably don't want to be in eastern Ukraine at the moment, and would be good options for us.

Loan with an option to buy would be fantastic. We definitely need a flair player to support the attack and Bernard looks to be exactly that. There's always going to be the question marks over a player like this - will he be able to settle in England, can he hack it in a faster paced league, will his small size count against him etc. A loan with an option to buy means that if he flops we can part ways, but if he's a success then we can get him in full time.

I don't think Depay/Konoplyanka etc will be available on loan with option to buy deals - we should be on this one like a tramp on a box of chips.

Agree - loan with option to buy. In parallel, loan Chadli to another PL team for 6-12 months and so that we're in a more informed position to make a decision on whether or not he'll make it in England

whoa bernard is a good player but the options in midfield driving me crazy. who do we forgo?

well he'd possibly slot straight in to the 3 behind the forward alongside Eriksen and Lamela - completing a first choice 3 and confirming Townsend Lennon and Holtby(?) as back ups

well he'd possibly slot straight in to the 3 behind the forward alongside Eriksen and Lamela - completing a first choice 3 and confirming Townsend Lennon and Holtby(?) as back ups

Agreed. Seems to play naturally on the left, a position where we're arguably a bit short on options.

He's a very exciting young player, good enough to get into the Brazil squad in a position/role where they aren't exactly short on options. If he's available he's the kind of player you sign first and ask who do we get rid of questions after imo.

Agreed. Seems to play naturally on the left, a position where we're arguably a bit short on options.

He's a very exciting young player, good enough to get into the Brazil squad in a position/role where they aren't exactly short on options. If he's available he's the kind of player you sign first and ask who do we get rid of questions after imo.

Not sure that is a compliment after the dross they served up this summer.

Not sure that is a compliment after the dross they served up this summer.

Had he been a striker competing with Fred, Jo and Damiao for a spot it wouldn't have been a compliment. Had he been a goalkeeper competing with Julio Cesar etc it wouldn't have been.

In his position/for his role, Brazil has a lot of talent though.

Had he been a striker competing with Fred, Jo and Damiao for a spot it wouldn't have been a compliment. Had he been a goalkeeper competing with Julio Cesar etc it wouldn't have been.

In his position/for his role, Brazil has a lot of talent though.

Scolari didn't exactly pick players on merit though.

isnt Bernie best coming in from the left.....if so, and if we signed him, where would that leave Eriksen who did so well in that position last season. Im surprised Poch is now starting him on the right. He dosent look effective there

I'd like

New---Eriksen---Lamela

with backups

Chadli--Holtby--Townsend

New being any one of Rodriguez, Depay, Kono or Bernard.

Lennon is the man without a chair at the moment for me.

Last edited:
'd like

New---Eriksen---Lamela

with backups

Chadli--Holtby--Townsend

New being any one of Rodriguez, Depay, Kono or Bernard.

Lennon is the man without a chair at the moment for me.

id be happy with .......Eriksen-Kane-Lamela

Back