• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Berbatov

Status
Not open for further replies.
i won't.
don't think berbs and ade would get along at all
and if berbs is just going to hang around behind the striker, where does that leave eriksen?

Berba would be an excellent back up for Ade to help keep him fresh, he's blowing out of his **** at the moment towards the end of games! And one of our promising young midfielders gets lots of game time

Woohoo. I've missed Saha-esque signings.

Now who can we get to be Ryan Nelson? Rio Ferdinand maybe?
well we really havent any other choice now after the dream team of Baldini and AVB blew the Bale money

Do you miss Gudjohnsen esque signings too?

That was a bit difference because Gudjohnsen became the best forward we had at that time (Crouch, Pav and Defoe were all labouring badly).

I just hate the short termism. If we're going to buy a CF now we need to pick a 19/20 yo who'll understudy Soldado and Ade and emerge to challenge them over the next 2-3 years.

It's the short-termism that causes us to have these massive upheavals, like we did in summer 2004 and 2012/13 after Hoddle and Redknapp's oldies respectively cluttered up. If we do things properly we can have progressive evolution rather than upheaval.

That was a bit difference because Gudjohnsen became the best forward we had at that time (Crouch, Pav and Defoe were all labouring badly).

I just hate the short termism. If we're going to buy a CF now we need to pick a 19/20 yo who'll understudy Soldado and Ade and emerge to challenge them over the next 2-3 years.

It's the short-termism that causes us to have these massive upheavals, like we did in summer 2004 and 2012/13 after Hoddle and Redknapp's oldies respectively cluttered up. If we do things properly we can have progressive evolution rather than upheaval.

Fair enough, good response.

well we really havent any other choice now after the dream team of Baldini and AVB blew the Bale money

We don't need to do anything - our squad is excellent.

We need to spend £6-8m on Dodo to replace BAE, and then coast through to the summer when the big beast arrives to make this squad shine.

We don't need to do anything - our squad is excellent.

We need to spend £6-8m on Dodo to replace BAE, and then coast through to the summer when the big beast arrives to make this squad shine.

So you don't think Berbatov on loan would at least provide decent cover should one of the strikers get injured? what harm is signing him on loan?

I think he compliments the squad the nicely, wouldn't expect to start, knows the club and the league so won't need adjustment/settling time.

i don't think a deal like this one, should it happen, would mean that we aren't looking for a 19/20 year old prospect to come in as well, be that now or in the summer.

your views on English players are quite well known so assuming for a minute that any young forward we bring in will be one from abroad - who do you think would be best placed to have an impact on our season from the bench/coming in when first choice is injured? a player who has played in this very league as first choice for the season so far and is settled in London or a young guy from abroad who has most likely never experienced this league/country etc before?

im generally against short term deals if they are what we plan to build around, but in instances like this/Gudjohnson/Saha/Nelsen - players coming in on short term deals as cover in Jan then there's really not much to say against them. minimal expenditure (most cases just wages) and are coming in knowing what their role is (back up)

We're overstocked in midfield, and Berba is a class act who would provide first-rate cover as well as other options up front. Makes perfect sense to me.

So you don't think Berbatov on loan would at least provide decent cover should one of the strikers get injured? what harm is signing him on loan?

There are 11 games left after Defoe leaves. What is the probability of both Soldado and Adebayor being injured in that period? We also have Kane (or can recall Coulthirst). We also have all of Lamela, Chadli, Paulinho, Eriksen, Holtby and Siggy who can play as a second striker.

Berbatov sulking around being 3rd choice is just going to cause disharmony and aggro. Perhaps he'll even be in the ears of Verts and Lloris about why they can't fulfil their ambitions at the club and need to make sure they are elsewhere during their peaks?

On the other hand with Berbatov here, we're the only fans in England who actually know what his game is about and how he plays, so at least we won't be getting on his back accusing him of being 'lazy' when really he's just reading the game to perfection and doesn't need to huff and puff around every corner of the pitch like the untouchable Rooney

With Defoe's departure we are down to two Strikers, I don't count Kane as he's not good enough for this level and most likely never will be. We need someone who's going to offer us something and knows the league as we can't afford another Striker who needs to time to adjust as we already have Soldado looking like a Rabbit in headlights in front of goal, Berbatov fits that bill for the short-term in my opinion.

I'd not be happy about him returning, but honestly if he helps us get CL come the end of the season I can see past my dislike for how he went about leaving us in the first place.

i don't think a deal like this one, should it happen, would mean that we aren't looking for a 19/20 year old prospect to come in as well, be that now or in the summer.

your views on English players are quite well known so assuming for a minute that any young forward we bring in will be one from abroad - who do you think would be best placed to have an impact on our season from the bench/coming in when first choice is injured? a player who has played in this very league as first choice for the season so far and is settled in London or a young guy from abroad who has most likely never experienced this league/country etc before?

im generally against short term deals if they are what we plan to build around, but in instances like this/Gudjohnson/Saha/Nelsen - players coming in on short term deals as cover in Jan then there's really not much to say against them. minimal expenditure (most cases just wages) and are coming in knowing what their role is (back up)

As much as anything it's dispiriting.

Soldado is our big investment at CF and really needs backing to ensure he blossoms. Ade as we know is mentally very fragile.

If we're bringing in a 3rd senior player to compete for that starting spot, it's likely to harm rather than spur them on.

At least with Defoe or a new teenager (basically competent cover) they know they are secure and can just concentrate on delivering the goods. A bolshie, sulky, big ego, big name 3rd choice is the last thing they need.

I've not actually thought much about the CF role because it's not something I think we need to address. My preference would be to bring in a senior versatile left-sided forward who can also cover at CF - a Pato, Jese or Vucinic etc.

i don't think a deal like this one said:
With Defoe's departure we are down to two Strikers, I don't count Kane as he's not good enough for this level and most likely never will be. We need someone who's going to offer us something and knows the league as we can't afford another Striker who needs to time to adjust as we already have Soldado looking like a Rabbit in headlights in front of goal, Berbatov fits that bill for the short-term in my opinion.

I'd not be happy about him returning, but honestly if he helps us get CL come the end of the season I can see past my dislike for how he went about leaving us in the first place.

We are also down to two RBs. And two left-sided CBs. And two right-sided CBs. And two DMs. And two CMs. And two AMs. And two left-sided midfielders.

In fact we almost have the perfect squad of two senior players for every position (swap a RM for a LB and we are actually there).

You just don't need more than two senior CFs.

We are also down to two RBs. And two left-sided CBs. And two right-sided CBs. And two DMs. And two CMs. And two AMs. And two left-sided midfielders.

In fact we almost have the perfect squad of two senior players for every position (swap a RM for a LB and we are actually there).

You just don't need more than two senior CFs.

Sherwood has setup us up 4-4-2 more often than not since he's taken over at the club, you're telling me that say Ade's form does it's usual and vanishes, and Soldado keeps misfiring or one of them gets injured or even both, your happy for our youth Strikers to fill their shoes?

Your idea of 2 senior Strikers works only if we play one up top for the remainder of the season and the younger replacements have the quality and experience to backup those senior players which frankly ours don't at present.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back