• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bentley

Club surely got to take some blame for not releasing him earlier. Could have gone for half price after a year or two and some club would have wanted to take a gamble. I suspect there was something more than just footballing that interfered with his career.

Club surely got to take some blame for not releasing him earlier. Could have gone for half price after a year or two and some club would have wanted to take a gamble. I suspect there was something more than just footballing that interfered with his career.

I was surprised we didn't sell him on the cheap just to recoup some cash and get him off the wage bill. It's a real shame he didn't work out, and although he was a flop I do think he was a risk worth taking when we bought him.

Bit of a GG legend really, his mate used to post here and gave us all the inside track on his transfer. Also once gave us a nice picture of himself, does someone still have it?

Mams, if you're still alive, tell him good luck

A very poor player who thought he was better then he was, such a poor buy and one Levy still has nightmares about.

Bit of a GG legend really, his mate used to post here and gave us all the inside track on his transfer. Also once gave us a nice picture of himself, does someone still have it?

Mams, if you're still alive, tell him good luck

I've mentioned a few times I'm mates with Mams, Bentley and Danny Gardiner (The guy in the twitter account). Feel free to PM me anytime.

Nothing concrete yet but he wants to play abroad.

What are his feelings towards the club these days? if you don't mind me asking. I actually thought he had some decent performances in preseason and thought he could be useful then he just disappeared again

I don't get why some players just lose it. He i imagine still wanted to play at the top level, reminds me of how robbie fowler went crap almost over night. I wish him luck for the future but i wonder how the skill just leaves them, not knocking him, he just lost it, poor fella.

Agrree with the guy who said no wonder levy does not like paying out big bucks. The whole buy them young because if they do not work out we can recoup some of a transfer fee proved to be pretty wrong.

I bet he does not, been here 5 years played only 42 games in the Prem and earning a good wack. Money for old rope.

Yeah, sympathy does not come in to it, he was a disaster for us, surely one day he will look back on his time with us and regret the outcome.

Yeah, sympathy does not come in to it, he was a disaster for us, surely one day he will look back on his time with us and regret the outcome.

i doubt it, his opinon of his abilty has always been higher then the actual reality, he will write a book about how he was not given a chance at Spurs.

Last edited:
"He don't hold any grudges" .. uh WTF!? I'm not usually one to advocate for negativity towards our own players, but now that he's gone i hope every spurs fan holds a grudge against this smarmy self important prick, absolute **** of a character...

I for one am stoked to see the back of him and i'm not surprised he's mates with people of the same ilk as Roy.

"He don't hold any grudges" .. uh WTF!? I'm not usually one to advocate for negativity towards our own players, but now that he's gone i hope every spurs fan holds a grudge against this smarmy self important prick, absolute **** of a character...

I for one am stoked to see the back of him and i'm not surprised he's mates with people of the same ilk as Roy.

Yeah, he hasn't been exactly hung out to dry. Plenty of Spurs wedge in the pocket. Guess he will have more time to devote to his bar in Spain now.

Jog on.

For the amount of money and expectations, Bentley must be the biggest flop we have ever signed. I think he didn't have the right attitute ever since he was at Arsenal when he refused to play for England U-21 team. His ego ultimately affected his performance.

Back