• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Benjamin Stambouli - Sold to PSG

Strange indeed. I didn't know much about him when he signed so I didn't expect much, but I always thought he looked ok when playing. Now we'll just have to watch him become a world beater and score the winner in the CL final with PSG....

What a bizarre signing. I remember that Europa game when some player left him for dust and I felt he was never going to have the pace needed to play for a Poch midfield.

Best of luck Benji

but he really is not that slow......i think somehow the game you are referring to has stuck in peoples memories and its unfair because that player who left him for dust actually had electric pace and would have made a fool out of many players with his speed.

Seemed a good lad who fitted in with the squad, good attitude too, I wish him all the best

Not his fault, couldnt complain about his attitude, just wasn't for us. We made a profit as well so bonus.

Please be Ade next to go.

Please be Ade next to go.

Don't use the usual mundane options in finding out this info.. come please.. use the new wonderful Tottenham Hotspur Transfer everyone look at me Totaliser Extravaganza. Found in Transfer rumours..

Don't use the usual mundane options in finding out this info.. come please.. use the new wonderful Tottenham Hotspur Transfer everyone look at me Totaliser Extravaganza. Found in Transfer rumours..

It's a wonderful totaliser, it reminded me of the Blue Peter totalisers of my youth. Apart from some of the wording......

So if the reports are correct, we bought him for 4 million, he had a brick season, and then we sold him for 6 million.... Levy is a genious.

So if the reports are correct, we bought him for 4 million, he had a crud season, and then we sold him for 6 million.... Levy is a genious.

I don't think we can fully bestow the genius tag on him until he gets rid of Ade, especially if he either gets a fee for him as a transfer or all £100k wages off the books in a years loan.

THEN the man can have a place in our Hall of Fame.

So if the reports are correct, we bought him for 4 million, he had a crud season, and then we sold him for 6 million.... Levy is a genious.

Well you have to add wages. The £2 million would cover £40k per week.

We do need a squad, but this was a position that seemed covered. So this was neutral financially. You can argue that this way we get a look at a player who could turn out to be a great fit and if not lose nothing. There are, however, potential downsides with this sort of signing. Such a player could block a youth prospect from getting an opportunity. It didn't in this case, but was this luck (if he'd been a bit less "crud" he would have played more), foresight by the manager, or a bit of both?

To be honest I am sorry he has gone and ( imo) he never really got a proper chance to show what he could do. We lack a player to play the defensive game in M/F and he might have been the one to do that, now we are left with the same players who failed to do that last season and I really do hope someone comes in who can.

The first person to mention the "double pivot" today wins a prize of a free post on Superhudds Totaliser thread, which hasnt been plugged enough today.

Did he have a 'crud' season? He had a disjointed season. He showed some good flashes of what he do, and just thought like many of our buys needed time. Not sure its genius from Levy - PSG have acquired a good player and pretty sure he will end up being worth more than 6million.....

I think to compete in both Europa and on the home fronts, you need players like Stambouli. Decent squad material. We're worse off without him IMO.

What a bizarre signing. I remember that Europa game when some player left him for dust and I felt he was never going to have the pace needed to play for a Poch midfield.

Best of luck Benji

Was just about to say the same thing. He literally looked like he was running in treacle.

Back