• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bender

Status
Not open for further replies.
This.
If we go into this season beyond the window with Dier as our first choice DM, or indeed with him as anything more than an emergency DM, then not only are we knackered but either Poch and/or Levy don't know what they're doing.

If Levy is trying to save money for the new stadium, all I can say is good luck filling it, or anything like filling it, because there won't be 60k people who want to come and watch a team who by then will be MILES behind the top 5. It'll simply be the best stadium in which to watch Europa League football.

This is my fear. It's a very fine line between saving money vs. remaining competitive and consolidating our place in the top 6.

For me Illarramendi is very similar to Modric. Taller, but same control with the ball. Good vision, very good passer of the ball. Not very quick, but quick enough to play as a CM. He's not a typical bone crusher, he doesn't need to do that as he reads the game like Luka.
Can't even think about us being even close getting him, but here's for hoping!
Lars Bender is a great allround midfielder. Not a typical DM, more a CM as he is more gifted with the ball than his twin brother Sven. Chips in with a few goals and assists. But even if he isnt playing as a DM, he sure can tackle as well. Good speed with and without the ball, quite tall, strong, captain of Leverkusen.
Would solve a lot of our problems in the middle of the park. I'm hoping Leverkusen dont go to the group stage of the CL - could give us a slight chance of getting him in.
Kramer is more a DM. Tall, but isnt built like a rock. Good ball control, not like Illarramendi - but good enough for a DM. I also think he is quick enough to cope with the pace in the PL.
Was loaned out to Mönchengladbach last season, and played very well.

All three of them would go straight into our first 11 IMO, but I would have picked Lars Bender to be most suited to play in England as I can see it. Would love Illarramendi though, brilliant player. Pity for him that Luka and Kroos is world class.

Hi there. I know you gave me a details reply comparing Illaramendi, The Benders and Kramer.
Can i ask you, in your opinion, how does Schneiderlin compare to all of these players?

Thanks in advance:)

Hi there. I know you gave me a details reply comparing Illaramendi, The Benders and Kramer.
Can i ask you, in your opinion, how does Schneiderlin compare to all of these players?

Thanks in advance:)

My first thought is that Morgan is most in the mould of Lars Bender and Illarramendi as he is more of a CM than a DM - like Kramer and especially Sven Bender.
Schneiderlin is probably the best of them all to date, as he knows and has performed very well in the PL.
I have however no doubt that Lars and Illarramendi would be awesome in England, possibly Kramer as well. I have more doubts about Sven Bender, as I think he lack a bit of pace - just like Stambouli.

My first thought is that Morgan is most in the mould of Lars Bender and Illarramendi as he is more of a CM than a DM - like Kramer and especially Sven Bender.
Schneiderlin is probably the best of them all to date, as he knows and has performed very well in the PL.
I have however no doubt that Lars and Illarramendi would be awesome in England, possibly Kramer as well. I have more doubts about Sven Bender, as I think he lack a bit of pace - just like Stambouli.

Thanks again:)

This deal isn't going to happen. It's one of those where, if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now; it hasn't, and won't.

This deal isn't going to happen. It's one of those where, if it was going to happen, it would have happened by now; it hasn't, and won't.

I'd say it's the complete opposite. If it happens it will be at the end of the window when no bigger clubs have come in and the player figures he might as well give us a try.

i can see this one happening. Not sure about him, but id have him ahead of Wanyama

Benders injury record is poor!

I'd get Carrick back for a couple years and teach the youngsters into the bargain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back