• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Bender

Status
Not open for further replies.
It's very hard to measure the value of their contribution, but I for one think Capoue was one of our best players at the start of last season. Yes, I think he played better than Dier has in the first games.

The problem is more in the depht than in the quality or talent. Our midfield options are very unbalanced in terms of experience and defensive capabilities. I think Alli will become a much better player than Capoue and Stambouli, but probably not this season. More importantly however, he's a totally different player. You might say we've replaced three defensive midfielders with three attacking ones. Hence we're playing a centre back as dm.

I'm not unhappy with the players we've got, but our midfield cries out for a more defensive minded, and experienced midfielder.
I didn't really see anything positive that Capoue contributed. Typically he took a 5 to 10 yard pass off of the centre half or full back and then made a 5 to 10 yard pass to a centre half or full back. He would then go missing completely when the opposition were attacking. I think he may have been the most pointless holding midfielder I have ever seen at Spurs. Having watched Carrick play for us under Jol it made me want to cry watching Capoue.

I didn't really see anything positive that Capoue contributed. Typically he took a 5 to 10 yard pass off of the centre half or full back and then made a 5 to 10 yard pass to a centre half or full back. He would then go missing completely when the opposition were attacking. I think he may have been the most pointless holding midfielder I have ever seen at Spurs. Having watched Carrick play for us under Jol it made me want to cry watching Capoue.
Agree to disagree I guess. I was at the Southampton game and he was arguably our best player. Made a lot of good long passes and dictated play. Pretty much everything we created started with him.

I can't be sure, obviously. But we waited until now to make a bid for Berahino, so there's reason to fear that we haven't made bid for any of the germans.

It could be so many other things though. For those Germans, the clubs and player could have said they're in the CL qualifier and see no reason to leave. That could all change next week. You may think that we've not made a bid for a player, and that is your right, but I think it is reasonably clear that we have been interested in a number of different players. We haven't heard about it because our club does not publicise its interest. Because you don't hear anything, doesn't mean something isn't happening.

after 21mins, a team called Odd are beating Dortmund 3-0 and Sven Bender is playing

Leverkusen new boy, Charles Aranguiz, has torn his achilles. I guess that end any possibility of getting one of their players.

I don't think Aranquiz was ever in direct competition with Kramer, not that I thought Kramer was on his way here.

Matic, Yaya, Fabregas, Fernandiho, Schweinsteiger, Schneiderlin, Carrick, and funnily enough, the next name I'd put on that list isn't Eric Dier....

Let me just add that I think we need to be a lot better than we were last season if we are to keep Liverpool behind us. A lot of the mid table teams have strengthened a lot more than we hage, and one of them could really surprise.

As it stands, I'm expecting no better than 10th this season. Might do those not wanting EL next season a favour & will prove just how much of a distraction it really causes.

Dier is nowhere near good enough to be our starting holding midfielder. He is absolutely lost most of the time.

This.
If we go into this season beyond the window with Dier as our first choice DM, or indeed with him as anything more than an emergency DM, then not only are we knackered but either Poch and/or Levy don't know what they're doing.

If Levy is trying to save money for the new stadium, all I can say is good luck filling it, or anything like filling it, because there won't be 60k people who want to come and watch a team who by then will be MILES behind the top 5. It'll simply be the best stadium in which to watch Europa League football.

This.
If we go into this season beyond the window with Dier as our first choice DM, or indeed with him as anything more than an emergency DM, then not only are we knackered but either Poch and/or Levy don't know what they're doing.

If Levy is trying to save money for the new stadium, all I can say is good luck filling it, or anything like filling it, because there won't be 60k people who want to come and watch a team who by then will be MILES behind the top 5. It'll simply be the best stadium in which to watch Europa League football.
Unless, come new stadium time we also sign one or two exciting players. We'll obviously be able to afford them then. I'm guessing the squad will be at a point where those signings will be enough for a top four push. If not, then you might have a point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back