• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

spirit is willing but flesh is in decline
good attitude to pass on to younger players

he's looked only like a squad player to me, but over the years managers and team mates have consistently described him as a positive presence in the dressing room.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

spirit is willing but flesh is in decline
good attitude to pass on to younger players

he's looked only like a squad player to me, but over the years managers and team mates have consistently described him as a positive presence in the dressing room.

Sent from my SM-G985F using glory-glory.co.uk mobile app

fudge he is only 27, he always does a good job for us on the pitch and imo is really under rated by s ome fans.

Last edited:
fudge he is only 27, he always does a good job for us on the pitch and imo is really under rated by s ome fans.

Solid player with consistent performance levels.

The issue for Davies is he isn't the game changer, and when our opposite FB hasn't been up to scratch, it's easy to say the FBs are brick (especially since most modern Spurs fan's think of the peak Walker/Rose time under Poch)

Perfect squad player when you have a potential game changer in Reguilon as alternate

Solid player with consistent performance levels.

The issue for Davies is he isn't the game changer, and when our opposite FB hasn't been up to scratch, it's easy to say the FBs are brick (especially since most modern Spurs fan's think of the peak Walker/Rose time under Poch)

Perfect squad player when you have a potential game changer in Reguilon as alternate
He is exactly that
My personal concern with him is what stops him being top level... his pace of thought can sometimes be behind the game. It’s why he gets done for headers sometimes (Sheffield and wolves) or he can get caught the wrong side (penalty vs Leipzig)

what does frustrate me is he can be great attacking but we haven’t seen that in some time

he also passes inwards way way too much for me with what are very poorly executed simple passes. He is better than that... in fact I’d say he is much better than that

I like him on the left side of a 3 TBF and I think we do see the best of him that way

upload_2021-1-20_15-51-31.png

This photo was just before Kane put son in for the shot on the post. What’s great is how high and wide Davies is despite being in a 3. That’s his ability to play both roles

He is exactly that
My personal concern with him is what stops him being top level... his pace of thought can sometimes be behind the game. It’s why he gets done for headers sometimes (Sheffield and wolves) or he can get caught the wrong side (pelanty vs Leipzig)

what does frustrate me is he can be great attacking but we haven’t seen that in some time

he also passes inwards way way too much for me with what are very poorly executed simple passes. He is better than that... in fact I’d say he is much better than that

I like him on the left side of a 3 TBF and I think we do see the best of him that way

View attachment 10707

This photo was just before Kane put son in for the shot on the post. What’s great is how high and wide Davies is despite being in a 3. That’s his ability to play both roles

I agree, the question is will he really get better at this stage? I do think Reguilon pushes his performances for what it's worth.

I'm seeing (or imagining maybe) a squad where Davies, Sissoko, Lucas amongst others are good squad players, come in, do a job, not expected to be WC but good enough to deal with lower level opposition, provide rotation/cover and in that model I'm not expecting them to be elite level (I know some people on this board disagree and think we should have squad players that are legitimately trying to displace the 1st team starter, I just don't see it as realistic with our and the world financial situation)

I agree, the question is will he really get better at this stage? I do think Reguilon pushes his performances for what it's worth.

I'm seeing (or imagining maybe) a squad where Davies, Sissoko, Lucas amongst others are good squad players, come in, do a job, not expected to be WC but good enough to deal with lower level opposition, provide rotation/cover and in that model I'm not expecting them to be elite level (I know some people on this board disagree and think we should have squad players that are legitimately trying to displace the 1st team starter, I just don't see it as realistic with our and the world financial situation)

As we've discussed that recently I'd just like to defend my position here and say i see Davies as a good couple of levels above Moura in terms of quality for their respective positions. I have no problem with Davies as cover/rotation and I'm more than happy to see him in the side for an extended run in the team if required. Exactly the level of squad player we should be aiming for across the board.

As we've discussed that recently I'd just like to defend my position here and say i see Davies as a good couple of levels above Moura in terms of quality for their respective positions. I have no problem with Davies as cover/rotation and I'm more than happy to see him in the side for an extended run in the team if required. Exactly the level of squad player we should be aiming for across the board.
I don’t agree quality wise but I certainly do reliability wise when comparing Moura and Davies

Back