• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

He made a mistake, it happens. He tried to use the ball well, find a good passing option rather than just playing the safe ball back to Lloris.

Playing too many safe and obvious passes is the kind of thing one gets harshly criticised for. Rightly so if true imo. For me a part of that criticism should include the accept for the occasional mistake when trying to be more ambitious on the ball.

It's not something that happens often with Davies. He's a very tidy player that quite regularly tries to play useful forward passes, that accepts getting the ball under a bit of pressure.
True. BUT, he lost the ball and it lead to a goal that lead to a defeat. I’m that moment he was hapless. It’s a poor mistake to make in THAT precise situation. That was a moment for safety first, especially away in a European game.
I admire a lot of what Davies adds to us, but not that. Especially as our attack didn’t render that error meaningless.

He made a mistake, it happens. He tried to use the ball well, find a good passing option rather than just playing the safe ball back to Lloris.

Playing too many safe and obvious passes is the kind of thing one gets harshly criticised for. Rightly so if true imo. For me a part of that criticism should include the accept for the occasional mistake when trying to be more ambitious on the ball.

It's not something that happens often with Davies. He's a very tidy player that quite regularly tries to play useful forward passes, that accepts getting the ball under a bit of pressure.
At 0-0 in an away game the last man should never be trying to beat a player.

This was not a huge game, but that hill billy entrance against Leipzig still haunts me to this day. Should sell Davies and have Sessegnon as our 2nd LB option. As for Davies playing CB, the further he is from our goal the better.

Play the way you are facing, don’t take risks if you are last man. The decision wasn’t a mile off the one Dier made to flick the ball backward against Burnley too. I am surprised on both counts as these are two players who are seen as the more dependable and doesn’t seem like something Mourinho would encourage?

Ultimately he doesn't offer enough at either end of the pitch. Sure he's solid as a CB with 2 other CBs. That's not enough for me. Mourinho likes him because we need to be more defensively sound, and fair dues Davies is dependable. You know he's aware, not going to have a brain fart etc. But he is also quite limited. Would prefer us to invest in Sessegnon. I wonder how he's going on loan?

Ultimately he doesn't offer enough at either end of the pitch. Sure he's solid as a CB with 2 other CBs. That's not enough for me. Mourinho likes him because we need to be more defensively sound, and fair dues Davies is dependable. You know he's aware, not going to have a brain fart etc. But he is also quite limited. Would prefer us to invest in Sessegnon. I wonder how he's going on loan?
Like accept Sess is not a defender.

we need Davies, he is great to have in competition with reggy; Sessegnon is finally finding his feet at Hoffenheim - what a great place to get regular minutes and experience at the top level, the Bundesliga

imo he doesn't have a brainfart every game, normally quite dependable and works hard - needs to shout a bit more perhaps?

we need Davies, he is great to have in competition with reggy; Sessegnon is finally finding his feet at Hoffenheim - what a great place to get regular minutes and experience at the top level, the Bundesliga

imo he doesn't have a brainfart every game, normally quite dependable and works hard - needs to shout a bit more perhaps?

My thoughts as well, he is not a dynamic player but he generally gets the job done and usually plays well.

Bring this back from the dead solely for quality sideline brickhousery.

Lunging in front of exactly where whichever arse player was going to take the free kick - You just love to see it (and Jose does too I imagine)

That was brilliant ..

Ben does his bit, important squad player, will play the cup games, gives us the option to go 5 at back ..

Been with us since the summer of 2014 .. fudge I'm getting old ..

That was brilliant ..

Ben does his bit, important squad player, will play the cup games, gives us the option to go 5 at back ..

Been with us since the summer of 2014 .. fudge I'm getting old ..

And he is still only 27 so has probably not reached his peak yet.

He's never going to get there.

Must not have noticed he was crucial to being able to switch the whole formation with one sub? And how we looked like a unit for the remainder of the game?

Pray tell what the "there" is you speak of! Me I don't need my leftbacks to score a hat-trick each week...

Never going to be the best player in the world, but if Jose and Poch trust him to do whatever job they ask him, as a first teamer or a sub ... i back the manager.

Back