• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

The Sky commentator and the BBC MotD commentator both said the keeper was miles away and didn't have a chance of getting it. Idiots!

‘Keeper had no chance’ is one of my most hated phrases in football - it’s just a meaningless phrase trotted out by reflex whenever a player scores. It’s almost like the ‘literally’ of the football vocabulary.

I also hate ‘keeper was beaten’ when the shot goes wide - of course he was fudging beaten, because the shot went a foot wide of the goal! If the shot had hit the corner flag then he would have been even more ‘beaten’!

Last edited:
The Sky commentator and the BBC MotD commentator both said the keeper was miles away and didn't have a chance of getting it. Idiots!
What's the point of listening to the fatuous commentary? When we're at a match we're quite happy to watch without them stuffing banale stats down our throats ad nauseum. It's always unbearable from start to finish, so why not mute? Not as though you're going to miss out on atmosphereor anything at the moment either.

6 years that he’s now been a Spurs player. Congratulations to him. Now he’s more of a spare centre back, than a left back, but he’s served us well over the years.

Left CB really does seem to suit his game. Less reliance on his pace, or lack there of.
It does. Had he been a bit taller he could have been an excellent centre back.

As things are I'm not sure, particularly the way we defend now and with our problems defending set pieces. But he could definitely get a chance there in the PL. Perhaps not against Burnley though.

Carles Puyol (5'10)
Fabio Cannavaro (5'9)
Franco Baresi (5'9)
Ronald Koeman (5'11)
Franz Beckenbauer (5'11)
Frank de Boer (5'11)
Ivan Cordoba (5'8)
Bobby Moore (5'10)
I’ll say that strikers then we’re not as tall generally for some of them
I’ll also add that all of those played in a slower league
But 6ft is ample I guess if you read the game well

I'd be playing him as LCB for the foreseeable - think that's the position i had him down as in one of the build your own squad threads back in preseason, with the idea that Sessegnon would cover Regulion (which i could still see being the case next season)

I'd be playing him as LCB for the foreseeable - think that's the position i had him down as in one of the build your own squad threads back in preseason, with the idea that Sessegnon would cover Regulion (which i could still see being the case next season)

Mourinho likes tall and vocal players. Dier will be straight back in the team when fit.

Back