• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Clumsy tackle but had he not gone for it the guy was walking through on goal 8 yards out, he had to do something and seeing as he was left 3 on 1 people are cutting him some slack.

not sure what any of that has to do with Danny Rose though?

It's GG mate, every player can only be good/brick as compared to another, this tradition goes back to JD/Keane and continues to Davies/Rose

Was really bad mistake by Davies and while I appreciate it happens it fudging undid a lot of work/effort from the entire side.

Almost everyone didn’t turn up as Spurs tend to do in big games but I’m sure Davies’ fans will still defend him for giving away the penalty but could only imagine the pelters Rose would get. He’s not Danny Rose though so it’s fine. We can tolerate reliable but uninspiring performances.

Rose has performed at a level that had Mourinho essentially give up on him after a quick view of what he's all about at the moment. He's been like that for a good while now. There might not have been anyone defending him on here during this rather poor spell, that's not his i remember it though.

On Davies his role in the current system very much is one to be reliable first. He has been just that for most of the time in his two games in quick succession after returning from injury. The penalty was out of character, a rare mistake. So some people give him a break where they wouldn't have if it was a player making more frequent mistakes that did the deed.

That might not seem fair to you, that might not be the way you see things. I think that's perfectly reasonable.

Rose has performed at a level that had Mourinho essentially give up on him after a quick view of what he's all about at the moment. He's been like that for a good while now. There might not have been anyone defending him on here during this rather poor spell, that's not his i remember it though.

On Davies his role in the current system very much is one to be reliable first. He has been just that for most of the time in his two games in quick succession after returning from injury. The penalty was out of character, a rare mistake. So some people give him a break where they wouldn't have if it was a player making more frequent mistakes that did the deed.

That might not seem fair to you, that might not be the way you see things. I think that's perfectly reasonable.
Davies does have previous for conceding penalties in Last 16 of CL but guess we can allow him a biennial gaffe!

AA10245A-97C2-4F7D-BF87-4ECD0F111021.jpeg

I'm not trying to make excuses for him but three games in a week is a lot, even with the winter break as a mini pre season to prepare...It's fair to say his performances were not his best against RBL or Chelsea but they weren't full blown horror shows on Davies' part.

It doesn't help during the week in 2/3 of the matches we didn't have a grip of the ball for long periods. You're going to draw a lot of negative attention if a key involvement is to give a penalty away in a crucial home leg...

The good thing is that Davies will have a full week to recover, you'd imagine he will be on a tailored regime perhaps with a few others that are fresh returning to the squad. He does provide options, just not a rampaging attacking wing back as we all know.

Like many I'd say Sess isn't really making a strong XI claim for the LB spot, if we were to buy a first team contender there we could see Davies maybe taking on Verts role as LCB more often with Jan seemingly leaving in the summer.

Back