• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

Have no problem with Davies and wouldn’t want to lose him I just don’t think he’s good enough to be starting the majority of games if we have ambitions to win the league.

Certainly good enough for the squad though and can cover CB, 2 or 3 seasons back he was pretty good and started to go forward a lot more and even got a couple of goals I believe. Injury disrupted him last season but he's a solid player for me who is generally dependable and doesn't kick up a fuss and seems good for morale. Not saying he's the best LB ever but all teams need a good mix of players, we can't all be City with 22 top level players.

Really not sure on Davies.

Would love us to sign Rico Henry as the long term replacement for Rose. Think after a year in the prem he would be close to an England call up. Is shocking how under rated he is and the is real value in trying to sign him.

Really not sure on Davies.

Would love us to sign Rico Henry as the long term replacement for Rose. Think after a year in the prem he would be close to an England call up. Is shocking how under rated he is and the is real value in trying to sign him.

Davies is easy

- Flexibility, can cover for CB when needed
- Is decent defensively
- Good character, never complains, will be #2 if we have the right #1
- Still young

Poch needs four CBs based on the workload they are expected to carry, this gives us a decent option for the next few years at probably a very reasonable cost.

- I expect we ship Rose out sooner or later, and look for an upgrade knowing we can trust Davies as cover/rotation.

SSN this morning:

SHOULD SPURS CASH IN ON ROSE?

On Good Morning Transfers, the panel discussed whether Danny Rose will be a Tottenham player come the first game of the season.

Anton Toloui said: “Last season Danny Rose’s tackle success was down, his crossing accuracy is down and the number of 50-50’s he’s winning is slightly down. Tottenham will be looking at this thinking when is his resale value at it’s peak? Maybe that’s a decision Tottenham have to make this summer.”

While I dont think Davies is an absolute world beater, I do think many people have a blind spot with Rose. Could it be as simple as he doesnt warrant a new contract?

He's Pochs first choice whenever available, that would suggest on ability alone he is worth a new contract.

Youd have to ask why.

Davies wasnt fit most of last season and they still ended up 50/50 on appearances. Likewise the year before.

Did Rose play because he is "first choice whenever available"? Or because he was the only alternative?

Or, rather than falling into the age old Rose vs Davies nonsense - look at links to the like of Digne and Sessegnon.

Isnt it possible we think we can do better than Rose?

Personally I do, but I know thats like saying something negative about Sissoko around here....

(I really like Digne)

To an extent, I agree.

It's taken me a long time to realise that Rose is a better option than Davies. Sure, Davies is a tidy defender (and I like my FBs to actually defend!) and I think keeps the shape better while being more than capable of delivering a decent cross or through-ball.

However, Rose gives us impact. Makes the opposition worry and stand back. Helps us break the press. Gives us that little bit of chaos while still being a passable defender.

I still like Davies too, and am always surprised at how young he is, but he's just not as impactful.

Couldn't agree more with this.
Our most impressive season of late was when Rose and Walker were in full flow down the flanks. And whilst neither are exactly ruthless in their final ball or finishing, it made opponents think!! We absolutely dominated teams that season and I don't think it's any coincidence that we got damn good seasons out of Dele and Eriksen that year too. Teams were forced to sit back which gave our creative players the license to express themselves with wide support, and to good effect.

Davies is solid, granted. A good defender and not totally useless when going forwards. But he doesn't get passed a player like Danny does.
Davies always strikes me as a selection that says "we're giving the opponent too much respect".

Strange how Davies (17/18 version, not the one carrying an injury) creates more chances for his team mates when he's so rubbish going forward compared to action man Rose.

Dont forget though, Rose "gives them something to think about" and "is dynamic" ;)

Davies is just steady and reliable and understated, wheres the benefit to that!?

If we had Rose and still had Kyle Walker at their best this season we would have been close imo. Full backs are so important to your team. You have two brick full backs and you're bound to let in goals and not score as many. I'd sign two from either ajax or Dortmund who bossed us this season and we'd be sorted.

The Rose of a few years ago yes, but the Rose currently on the books.

Keeping 1 of Rose and Davies would be the correct choice and I would keep Davies ahead of Rose.

Roses stats are decreasing and is the right time to move him on.

On a related note, did anyone else see Davies' girlfriend? Gorgeous girl.

Yes, he's done well for himself.

Ben-Davies-girlfriend-1677261.jpg

Trippier probably creates more chances and has more assists for us than Walker ever did

I just don't buy the idea that Rose is the better player because he charges forward more, runs at his opponent or simply gives them something to think about.

There are times when Davies might play a little too conservative, but injury free and in form he got forward just fine and set up numerous chances and goals.

There's was one game against Liverpool where he really struggled, but he was on his own against Mane AND their right back.

Back