• Dear Guest, Please note that adult content is not permitted on this forum. We have had our Google ads disabled at times due to some posts that were found from some time ago. Please do not post adult content and if you see any already on the forum, please report the post so that we can deal with it. Adult content is allowed in the glory hole - you will have to request permission to access it. Thanks, scara

Ben Davies

I felt Davies when he came in for Rose last season struggled initially and then grew into the role. He became a real asset and by the end of the season looked like HE FELT he belonged there. This season he has been much better. I was always frustrated that in the last third he never seemed to clear the first man, but he has clearly been working hard on his game. He's got in amongst the goals as well as some assists - you can see Poch working his magic.

I think Rose is due for a rude awakening when he gets fit. He is no longer the automatic first choice - just like Walker wasn't. Especially if we are playing a top team where defence has more of a bearing on the game, like last night.

I believe this will be the catalyst for his exit, at 26 years old he wont want to be sat on the bench. At least we have him on another long contract (at least another £50m please Mr. Levy!)

I don't think Davies suits playing sporadically. He strike some as a player who needs to know he will get a run of games much like Wimmer in his first season who knew he had 15 games to play before Verts could be back

It give some players the chance to settle and play their game rather than panic and try to impress in a one off

Second chance, yes indeed. But there is something about the lads attitude that makes me think it may not be so straightforward, he comes over as very headstrong and not a rational thinker, its also how he plays.

How many brilliant footballers with a questionable attitude can you name? Gazza, Cantona spring to mind. He's driven, undiplomatic, rash, and sometimes brilliant. He's paid to play football however, not talk. Judge him on how he plays for us. At 27 he's not matured intellectually. He will by about 32! For now we need to get behind Rose. His manner upsets people. Its too brash for our English sensibilities. But he's calling it as he sees it and is outspoken. We need him fit and feeling at home. Fans can play a part in that.

How many brilliant footballers with a questionable attitude can you name? Gazza, Cantona spring to mind. He's driven, undiplomatic, rash, and sometimes brilliant. He's paid to play football however, not talk. Judge him on how he plays for us. At 27 he's not matured intellectually. He will by about 32! For now we need to get behind Rose. His manner upsets people. Its too brash for our English sensibilities. But he's calling it as he sees it and is outspoken. We need him fit and feeling at home. Fans can play a part in that.

And be dammed to team spirit, keeping things in house, respect for the club, the authority of the manager, etc etc?

I was always a big fan of Davies since he arrived here ( at the age of 21) you could see from the outset that this guy had ability and all he needed to a run of games, well now he has got that you can see how much his game has come on.

I would have no problem with Rose leaving now ( if that is what happens) and at 24 i can only see Davies get better and better.

And be dammed to team spirit, keeping things in house, respect for the club, the authority of the manager, etc etc?

You're suggesting Rose doesn't respect the manager or partake in the team spirit? Not sure that's valid, and maybe highlights your bias against him.

Rose has been the best left back in the league for the last season straight. Davies is great cover but we'd be shootings ourselves in the foot if we let Rose leave to a rival.
Think some are forgetting just how good Rose was, Davies has been great but would still rather Rose if both are on song - Aurier and Rose bombing down the wings would be amazing. Great problem to have though.....

Rose has been the best left back in the league for the last season straight. Davies is great cover but we'd be shootings ourselves in the foot if we let Rose leave to a rival.

Letting Rose leave or letting Rose leave for a rival is two completely different topic that should be treated separately.

You're suggesting Rose doesn't respect the manager or partake in the team spirit? Not sure that's valid, and maybe highlights your bias against him.

I've got absolutely no bias against Rose at all. I loved him until he did that interview - but the interview is precisely why I don't think he respects the manager or the team. Do you think Poch was happy about it? The players?

Letting Rose leave or letting Rose leave for a rival is two completely different topic that should be treated separately.

I firmly believe Pochettino works in such a way NO player leaves and maintains the same level.

Id happily sell Rose to a rival for £50m+, wouldnt bother me in the slightest.

Just as selling Walker to City was good business IMO.

I've got absolutely no bias against Rose at all. I loved him until he did that interview - but the interview is precisely why I don't think he respects the manager or the team. Do you think Poch was happy about it? The players?

Think its a leap of faith to say he doesn't respect the manager or the team personally. But that's your interpretation.

sounds like a serious injury and too long a layoff - can't say for sure if he will ever reach his best form for us again, and if he does - not sure who long he will take. Ben's our main man now until proven otherwise. Get behind him, folks !

Back